Series 5 Episode 6

keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 5 Episode 6

Post by keke »

erm if the ruby weas the key to my dingeon(being lord fear's) then they wouldnt have needed the other key. maybe elita wanted the necklace not the ruby. she did ask for anything else other than the ruby. also if they'd given her the necklace maybe elita would have positioned them better in the corridor of blades or told them to throw themselves from wall to wall instead of running off into the distance. Maybe..

oh well
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Well it's about time! Endless delays and dithering do not make for entertainment. Getting your legs chopped off does. After the causeway there was some I can't remember but it envolves Skarkill and Pixel the Welsh pixie, the gatemaster, and the Descender. (Love that descender!) Met Elita trying to summon Satan. At least I presume that's what she was doing. Took a ridiculously long time to decide to fork over the goods before Elita ran. Chopped in the CoB. Reckon it was her own fault as she seemed to just be meandering straight into the blades. New team get a spyglass and meet Motley before time out.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

I remember back in the day that I hated this team, well not *hated*, that's a bit strong, but for some reason I was never overly keen on them and so when Elita stomped off with the jewel and left them, I was over the moon! I think they probably could have survived the CofB with better navigation, but that they weren't supposed to, rather like the last team in S4 with the sped-up puzzles they faced in level 3!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

What ye reckon they'd of got from elita
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

I think she'd have probably given them some magic for a later encounter. Did the team have a GHOST spell too? Funny they didn't cast it. Mind you, they didn't have time for anything. That was just mean putting that food in the middle of the corridor, threw them completely when the blades came so quickly!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

IMO, this team were quite disorganised. They had a quick sense of frustration especially between them. Quite frankly they got on my nerves!
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

It was one of the more "deserved" ends I think ;)
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

It's so frustrating when a team throws away their chance of winning like this! It was obvious they were supposed to get help from someone (Level 3 might have got easier over the years, but it was never a walkover) and the only person around to help them was Elita. Of course, in theory any advisers who can keep their cool should be able to guide a dungeoneer through the COB without magic, but I suppose some other nasty would have been set up for them at the other end even if they had survived. By slipping up they gave themselves automatic fail conditions.

So basically - don't vacillate and get Elita to help. Pretty simple, really...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

If shes interested in gems give it to her on condition :)
ross
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by ross »

Its a pity that Helen the advisor didn't win. She was on the ball most of the time only to be let down by her two teammates. She did want to give them the gem straight away.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Thank God that team went anyway >:(, I couldn't stand to see the dithering, it must have been hell for the cast and crew on set. Why didn't they just give the stupid gem to Elita? She wanted it and wasn't a member of the opposition, so she could be trusted...
Whereever you go, there you are
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I think the Corridor of Blades, with its sudden onslaught, was used to 'kill off' this team (as indeed it was during its only other Series 5 appearance). But it's quite possible that the CoB was coming next in any eventuality, and that had the team helped Elita promptly and received Level 3-related help from her, Treguard (and Pickle) would have rewarded this by giving specific CoB-related help (e.g. Pickle guiding the dungeoneer past the first few blades, as he did in Series 4; or Treguard advising the team to use magic quickly, leading to the dungeoneer becoming a 'GHOST'* and allowing the blades to pass harmlessly through her). Thus, by Treguard withholding such help, the supremely frustrating team was condemned to death.

Then again, going down to Level Three, only to go up a flight of stairs, seems a bit awry to me...

*GHOST: One of a group of Knightmare spells which are also names of films. Other examples are BIG and SPLASH.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Yes, or maybe Elita would have given them a spyglass, and Lord Fear would be "overheard" telling someone about a spell to get past the corridor of blades. :-\
Whereever you go, there you are
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

The scene with Elita and the ruby lasts so long I have to run it on! That's got to be the longest time on Knightmare EVER that a team took to make a decision!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 6

Post by Canadanne »

Possibly Treguard's worst-ever dungeon ditty in this episode, pronouncing "worse" as "wuss" in order to rhyme with "us" - urgh!

Interesting how Elita says "straight on down the path for the final conflict" - I wonder if this would have been with Lord Fear, considering Aesandre hadn't yet been introduced.

Treguard shows worrying signs of senility at temporal disruption, though it does crack me up how he seems to be off in a world of his own, chuckling away at Motley even though he hasn't said anything funny!