Knightmare ratings - official figure

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re:Knightmare ratings - official figure

Post by Illusion »

1929 is the start time of the programme (often channels start shows a few secs early). I believe the figure is the average rating for the whole broadcast.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It's very curious - those viewing figures are distinctly staggered (high, then medium, then low, then back to high again etc.) I wonder why.
Subject to change.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Illusion wrote: 10 KNIGHTMARE (Wed 1929) 0.06

Can anyone decipher which episode this was?
Series 8, Episode 8. (shown Wednesday 2nd June 2004)
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

The changes in the ratings seem very strange indeed. You'd have thought the 'cliffhanger' aspect of KM might keep a regular audience tuning in. Perhaps because it is shown frequently viewers just dip into it, rather than avidly watch every episode.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

I'm a little disappointed with those figures...

But, they're still impressive for a minor cable channel. :)
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I was just thinking and wondering if anyone had the ratings for series 1&2 and the latest showings up to how far the figures go to?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

I'm rather curious myself - I hope they were better and more regular than the ratings for S6-8. I wonder if the time-slot change has improved the show's prospects.

Do you think challenge should rest Knightmare for a while after this run? Obviously we want it on all the time, but a rest might do the show some good.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Knightmare has not featured in Challenge's Top Ten ratings since end of May. I have just tried to look up full figures from www.viewingfigures.com but it doesn't seem to be loading up at the moment.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that Challenge might rest it at the end of series 8 and I agree that maybe it does need a bit of resting. I'd love to see series 1 again and 2 (which I missed), but as much as I'd love to see series 3-8 again I think that it might need a break before it gets shown again. I have a feeling that the ratings dropped quite a bit that's why it was moved to Saturday mornings. Personally I don't think that the raitings have been that high since being moved to 8-9am weekends, particularly with the younger viewers due to other kids programs on the other channels. How many people do you think (out of the whole the population of Britain) watch Challenge between about 7am and 12pm over the weekends? I don't think that it's that many. How many people watch tv from about 7-9.30am on Sunday mornings? I doubt that many as a lot of people sleep in. I also can't see, that many people staying up late Sunday night to watch the early Monday morning repeats because a lot of them either have to be up early for work or to get the kids up and to school.

I know that this may sound negative, but I'm speaking from a reality point of view.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I think Challenge have really messed up their times. If I can vaguely remember, nearly a year ago, it was broadcasted nearly everyday at 4/5pm, then it moved from that to 10:30am/6:30/7:30pm, it's just gradually going downhill whilst Takeshi's Castle is taking up all the odd spots for more popularity...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think that the Takeshis Castle raitings have fallen. I believe that people are beginning to get fed up with the bombardment of their favourite program (Takeshi fans that is).
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Yeah, not everyone wants to watch Takashi's Castle non-stop, even fans of it I imagine.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

As a side-note, the challenge forum has at last become a safe haven again. The 'chat' functgion has gone, as has the sarcastic member, the WHEN ARE YOU SHOWNG IT guy and some other dolts.

Amazingly, the people who work at Challenge still, after all this nonsense, read the posts and occasionally impart their words of wisdom.

Groovy.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Akerbie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Akerbie »

What did Knightmare rate in it's actually original run during it's CITV hey-day!

Series by series if possible. Episode by episode would be asking too much,... but I'll accept it if it's achievable!!! ::)
Greetings! My name is Akerbie, and I'm on a quest for The Jigsaw Puzzle! There are many pieces to collect on my path!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

It was always quoted in the official fanzines as 4-5 million. Possibly slightly lower in the later years.