Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 5

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 5

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Episode 5 of the audio series is now available to listen to at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com - have a listen and let us know what you think! :D
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Series 2 Episode 5

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Series 2, Episode 5
Original Release Date: 19th April 2014
Throwback Review Date: 6th April 2016
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: There's really nothing in this episode that I don't like, or even that I feel a little niggle about. I particularly like the two spyglass sequences, which I actually wrote before the rest of the quest had even been planned out, and the Rothberry scene, which I think is pulled off very well.

I think the two scroll clues are quite clever and well thought out. The reintroductions of Ariadne and Snapper-Jack after almost two years away from the series should hopefully come to some as a welcome surprise.

The (Not Really) Bad: It's true that this episode does have rather a lot of risqué dialogue and dirty laughter, but I feel this is artistically justified because of Izzy's (at the very least) flirty relationship with all three of her advisors. (You may notice that Izzy knows perfectly well what a sextant is really, but she'd rather pretend she doesn't and laugh about its name.)

Conclusion: Like the previous episode, this is practically perfect in every way. Perhaps it's my favourite episode ever, as it has no niggles.