Team 5, Series 5

Posts by cast, crew and contestants
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Team 5, Series 5

Post by Andrea »

Hi all, esp. Zagor and Deaddungeoneer. I'm new, but instead of posting in the 'I'm new' category, I thought I'd jump right in here...

I'm team captain from team 5, series 5, and although Jenna's done some excellent explaining already, I thought I'd post a few of my own comments here.

Firstly - to the person who said they didn't like either of the teams on episode 9 - thanks. Nice to have positive feedback. :-*

So, here are a few points which contributed to Jenna's death...

1) I had poor eyesight but only found out a few years later, and have had to wear glasses ever since. The screen is a hell of a long way away too, so you really have to strain to see what's going on - coupled with my bad vision, I really couldn't make out that floor puzzle. For what it's worth, the sound quality there was also bad, and you couldn't make out what people were saying a lot of the time.

2) Like Jenna said, it's disjointed. The scenes were shot one at a time, with an hour break inbetween each. It was 5 o'clock on a Monday evening, we were all exhausted, and we CERTAINLY didn't expect to be confronted with a floor puzzle as our last scene of the day!

3) I didn't know Kelly and Anna very well, but Kelly was the only person in my YEAR willing to go on the show with us. She dragged along her quiet friend Anna who'd never seen the programme before. All 4 of us were shy types, and none of us were outspoken. We didn't know eachother well, so the communication wasn't likely to be great!

4) When faced with the 'path of aggression or path of defence', naturally we selected the latter. We couldn't see that well because Jenna was stood in the way, but that second symbol looked like a Frightknight's helmet from where I was sat. They cut it out, but Kelly and I both agreed that's what it was, and that we should head for the sword. We were also under a lot of pressure from Treguard who kept telling us to hurry. (Also edited out.)

Under any other circumstances, when teams are faced with a Frightknight symbol (over a door for example) they are meant to avoid it. We did too, thinking it was a safe bet to take the sword symbol - after all, you defend yourself with a sword. There ARE times in the dungeon when taking a weapon can be acceptable - ie. an arrow for Gwendoline.

But the producer had obviously decided to throw us in at the deep end, because that was probably the hardest out of the hexagon floor puzzles (in my opinion). If we'd  been given the pattern on a plate (earth wind fire, rock paper scissors) I think we'd have made it accross. Other teams also struggled on that particular one.

If the next team do well, it's because we gave them quite a few hints before they filmed. I still keep in touch with Ray from the team before, he's a really nice bloke. I don't see Kelly much, and I've heard Anna (the quiet one) is now a policewoman. Who'd have thought!

Always happy to talk Knightmare with anyone. Any questions gladly answered. I have some wonderful photos at home, but have never scanned them. I was also responsible for some of the illustations in Knightmare Knews, which can be seen on the Knightmare website.

So then, it's nice to meet you all!
Andrea
www.faceparty.com/grohlsguitar
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
http://www.soundclick.com/theclimb
Lord_Bob

Re: Team 5, Series 5

Post by Lord_Bob »

Hello and welcome, dont worry about what we all (inc me) say about your team. We did have a few questions in a different thread. if you could answer them then we would be greatful  ;D
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

At last, we have a member from a Knightmare Team... No, Andrea... Your team was good. The causeway incident was a simple mistake... If I hadn't known, I'd step on a weapon instead of defence.

Is this the first team member to this forum Illusion? Perhaps we'd get more detail...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Hello! In case you hadn't noticed, I'm one of the ones who was wondering what you were thinking there, so thansk for the explanation! :)
4) When faced with the 'path of aggression or path of defence', naturally we selected the latter. We couldn't see that well because Jenna was stood in the way, but that second symbol looked like a Frightknight's helmet from where I was sat. They cut it out, but Kelly and I both agreed that's what it was, and that we should head for the sword. We were also under a lot of pressure from Treguard who kept telling us to hurry. (Also edited out.)

Under any other circumstances, when teams are faced with a Frightknight symbol (over a door for example) they are meant to avoid it. We did too, thinking it was a safe bet to take the sword symbol - after all, you defend yourself with a sword. There ARE times in the dungeon when taking a weapon can be acceptable - ie. an arrow for Gwendoline.
Well, that does make a lot of sense to me. Frightknight = bad, Sword = parrying weapon... it's not an obvious reason, but it does make some sense. :) (Though the Frightknight doesn't always mean "this way for bad stuff"... apparently it's also a sign of the challenge, or something like that!)

Motley - Jenna (dungeoneer from this particular quest) is also a member here. Didn't you wonder who we were talking too when asking her what her advisors were thinking on this puzzle? ;)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Cull, I think Motley was referring to team members as in advisors as opposed to dungeoneers. In answer to that question, I know Alan Boyd from Series 8 Team 6 has an account here under the name mystara, but he's never posted on the forum. I wonder why....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Thankyou Zagor!  ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I've heard Anna (the quiet one) is now a policewoman. Who'd have thought!
Hehe. Perhaps she does surveillance or something, where you need to be silent if you're not going to get caught.

Great to read your thoughts, Andrea. It's always interesting to hear behind the scenes things. It's hard, without that, for people to be fair and realise what actually went on in the filming process.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]