Worst series?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

Which is the worst series?

eries 1
No votes
eries 2
No votes
eries 3
9%
eries 4
36%
eries 5
18%
eries 6
9%
eries 7
18%
eries 8
9%

Total votes: 11

Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Worst Series of Knightmare?

Post by Kieran »

Hmm well you have to make advancements, even with a popular forumla.

If KM had stayed the same for S4, it likely would not have lasted as long as it did. You have to evolve, I think the radical change for S4 helped.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

I guess, but it was a very big leap.

Maybe if it had slowly evolved from series 1 - 3 style, to series 8 style, it would have been better.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Yes it may have helped, but I feel S3 had pushed all limits, so the only way to actually improve was to make a radical change.

If you kept it on the same format, it would be very very tough to make any major improvement on S3.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Is there such a thing a a worst series of Knightmare?

The series can be summaried as:
1 - 3: Mainly all hand-drawn based rooms.
4 - 5: Introduction of recorded footage used to link between rooms.
6 - 7: Returning to passage ways in the form of 'real' dwarf tunnels (not computer generated). Starting to use computer generated environments.
8: Almost totally computer generated environments I think.

Each series is different and to those who want to find a worst series...
...GOBLIN FODDER!
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 08 May 2004, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

We'll be able to see s8 soon on Challenge. Please note this thread was started by an ex member, who is no longer with us. Anyway hi and welcome to our large community. Do you hunger for knowing? I suppose your going to ask us all for knowlege! Also please feel free to introduce yourself on the knewbie board if you can remember who you are of course and also visit knightmare.com if you havn't already done so. Just one question though; What is your purpose of being here? ;D
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I used to love series 1-4 and I found 5-8 to be big dissapointments. That is to say I don't think they wre rubbish but they had strayed too far away from the original theme of knightmare. That a sub-teranian realm consisting of dungeons and caverns rather than places like Wolfenden or Witch-haven etc. Granted much of series 4 was out of doors, but it was a good mixture of the old and the new.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I have to say that my least favourite series is series 8. It wasn't overly bad as such, it did have some redeeming features. But I think the main problem with it for me was that the rooms were pretty much all CG, and I did like the inclusion of the images of real locations that had been treated with that weird CG effect, used in earlier seasons. That's not to say that the CG wasn't good, it was very good and still looks good to this day, but I guess the old style had a special place in my heart! ;D

I think series 7 was the perfect compromise for me because it had the mix of the two (Alas without Pickle! :(). But things have to move on, don't they.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

According to knightmare.com Challenge have brought the rights to series 1 & 2 and will be showing them from June. That will be interesting to see, after series 8.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

We, er, found that out on Monday in fact, Broll... see http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... eadid=1250 for details.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

I can't help that I was robbed of all my knowledge. *Kicks self for not noticing the post date*
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Series 5 and 6 have to have been the worst becuase thre was too much going outside the guneon. Series 4 did it, but it was a good mix becuase to me it still had the feel of the older series.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Series 4 was weak for other reasons though, not least how repetitive the first two levels always seemed to be, and how pink everything was.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

The pink and purple of series 4 was annoying. Another thing was when one dungeonere used an egg timer to freeze that dumb lizard that wasn't going to do anything anyway. I mean would the team really have been finished without the egg timer?
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Man why all this series 4 hate I quite like it its dark and moody unlike series 5 which doesnt seem moody and dark at all.
And series 6 is one of the best if not the best series of KM there is.
The reason 4 gets so much stick is because after series 3 people can't take it that its enitrely different and its been made much easier granted that is true however what you need to remember is series 4 was just the begging of the build up for series 6.
series 1 2 & 3 are similar concept inside the dungeon and all rooms are in the 3 series at some stage.
Series 1 begins it all series 2 added improvements and series 3 took everything good from 1 and 2 plus its own features to make it th best of the original km trilogy :P If ya like.
Then the second era begins the pickle era :P new technology has come present and they are experimenting new ideas including outdoor surroundings using real life locations and then adding colour edits to sharpen the mood series 4 and 5 were experiements in a way and the good things from series 4 and 5 (Ie causeways etc though the B n T should have seen another season or two) were all improved and put in series 6 along with that series other own new features it made it the overall best of that outdoor trilogy.
Series 7 technology has really come on along way there and we see alot of scenery for outdoors now is actually computer generated and completly fictional this is kinda of a outdoor series all in its own right and nothing really obstacle wise is in it from the previous 3 seasons has new challenges instead.
Series 8 is a indoor series all in its own right too since nothing from the original 3 is in series 8.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

im back and almost back in england!!!!
i think s8 was the worst to short and to cut up!!!!!
knightmaredave