The Ultimate Series Mix

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The Ultimate Series Mix

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

Hi all.
If you could create a new series by mixing together two current series which 2 series would you put together?
So you could mix the dungeon style rooms of Series 3 with the Characters of Series 6....

I would mix Series 6 & 7 together, ok they were very similar but i would have motley, Skarkill, Ah Wok & Ridolfo from 6 & Grimaldine from 7 along with the better variation of puzzles from 7, not just loads of causeways.
Also Level 3 would be goth but Smirkenorf would have a variety of flight paths like in 6.
Oh and as well keep the Series 6, orginal Helmet with no sight spells, etc. ;)
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:The Ultimate Series Mix

Post by 123Pooka »

Splicing two knightmare series together could be a disaster, as some characters I think are definitely suited for certain series. For example, take the tension of the Mogdred and Morghanna scenes, would it seem right to suddenly have Lissard groping around Lord Fear straight afterwards lol. (No offense Lissard you're good enough in series8 )

If I had to though I would go with mixing series 2 and 3, they both have great dungeon styles and well acted characters such as Mogdred and Morghanna. The fast paced action of series 2 and superb tension of series 3 should combine to make awesome knightmare.
Last edited by 123Pooka on 15 Apr 2004, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

An interesting concept! It's true that it might not work at all in practise, but you never know.

Personally, I'd try something weird like splicing series 2 or 3 with a bit of series 7. Very sinister dungeons, a no-second-chances attitude towards the teams, fast-paced and no seeing spells, Eye Shield etc. (the latter made the advisors redundant for a lot of the time!) All this, but with the Lord Fear/Lissard Opposition. Now, I know that they were less sinister than Morghanna or Mogdred, but if you think of Lord F's sadistic sense of humour there's no reason why he and his henchmen couldn't fit into the Old Dungeon if they upped the scariness a bit. After all, there's room for humour and cruelty in Knightmare.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

You could mix 1-3 with level 2 from S7 and level 1 from S8, with a mixture of characters from 1-4 and possibly the Brollachon. The chief of the opposition would have to be Mogdred none o that fangled techno magic for me.

The old Wall monsters were good and so was Owen and Gargoylebut the doors would have to go.

The best assistant was Pickle, but Knightmare was better before him.

Opening from 6-8 was good though.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I'd take the variety of rooms from s2 and S3, plus the Corridor of Blades and the Trial By Spikes (no more of those damn causeway puzzles).

Character wise, I'd take the early Treguard as a strictly neutral referee over the kindly granddad figure of the later years. As an intereseting twist, I'd include the dungeon master from Le Chevalier du Labyrinthe as the leader of the Powers That Be, although if that's not allowed I reckon Gwendoline would make an interesting leader. Meanwhile Lord Fear HAS to be the Leader of the Opposition over Mogdred on the basis of far greater sharpness of dialogue.

Folly should be jester over Motley on the basis of being less irritating (hey, all things are relative). Marta's probably the best serving maid in comparison with Melly and Gretal, and not just because of the low-cut of her dress. Majida should be in the PTB as well but not in the antechamber where she usually just gets in the way. Cedric and Elita have to be included as neutrals to add the right kind of obstructive rudeness, along with Hordriss, Greystagg, Lillith and Ah Wok. I'd include Skarkill, Lissard, Sly Hands and Gumboil the Indispensible for the Opposition, while I'd put in Golgarach and Igneous as the wall monsters (defintely NOT the Brollachan).
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Though I'm not keen on the weeping doors because they used up som much time when you consider that Oakley was S4's equivilant of a wallmonster, I did find a couple of Dooris's questions hilarious.

Gallstones on Gallway bay.
Paddi fields in Ireland
Holy Grail in Westminster Abbey
Henry VIII having 9 wives :D
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

I would mix the tension and puzzles of Series 6, The causeways of Series 5 & 6, the puzzles of Series 3 and 7 and the Characters of Series 5-8 which will be, but NOT the bad ones.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Things I would include:

Level 1:
Moving blocks room
Causeway (with timer)

Transportation: Smirkenorff

Level 2:
Trial by spikes
Corridor of blades

Transportation: The decender

Level 3:
Fireball Room
Play your cards right
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Erm, have you got something against dungeoneers? Also I'm surprised you havn't put The Brollachan!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I think that things were better when there was no defined Powers that be or Opposition. Treguard was neutral, there were good guys and bad guys as well as some that were in between, e.g Cedric, Velda, Hordris (before s5), Olaf, McGrew or Gundrada etc.

Treguard was merely "the referee in the greater game of luck and glory."

"merely oversee things I don't control them."
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I defeinatly have to have the old skull goasts and the old pookers.