More life force topics

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

More life force topics

Post by Purgatory »

Heres an idear, have any of u tryed to create your own life force?  i guess anything can beat that cake/pic/pizza looking thing.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: More life force topics

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Pizza, LOL. I'm going to call it that as well as a quiche.

I think that crappiness of the quiche must be the one thing everyone agrees on. I've heard people say they like all sorts of things that I wasn't impressed with at all in Knightmare. And there are things I liked that other people seem to despise. But I can't remember one person ever saying they preferred the cake to the other life force icons. Forget anonymous votes where people decide it'd be fun to vote for the cake as their favourite- is anyone here actually prepared to admit they liked it compared to the face and skeleton?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Spoo
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Spoo »

Nay, I say! Nay! (That means no)
Truth! Justice! Freedom! And a Hard-boiled Egg!
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I don't even remember the cake/pie/quiche/whatever it was. My knowledge of Knightmare isn't as good as I thought - I had to look up what the Brollachan was when it was mentioned earlier.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Pizza, LOL. I'm going to call it that as well as a quiche.
Didn't it have a cherry on top too? that just made it... even stupider than it already was! "Yeah, so we need a new life-force meter for Knightmare, let's think about one that's suitable for the dungeon theme, like the last two..."
"How about a pie?"
"Well okay, but only if it has a cherry on top..."

I'm not sure which is my favourite out of the other two though, the first one REALLY freaked me out as a kid, especially how the eyeballs rolled when all the skin peeled off. *shudder* but I think I always liked it better than the second one, since I thought it was a bit boring.
Last edited by Elita on 24 Jan 2003, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Didn't it have a cherry on top too? that just made it... even stupider than it already was! "Yeah, so we need a new life-force meter for Knightmare, let's think about one that's suitable for the dungeon theme, like the last two..."
"How about a pie?"
"Well okay, but only if it has a cherry on top..."
LOL. It certainly looks like a cherry. There's an old thread lying around somewhere where the topic is discussed for several pages. To summarise it for anyone who doesn't want to go searching: we all argued a bit, then we discovered I was right all along and it was a Quiche. I think someone said you can get pies with cherries on top. But in any case, we've since realised it's actually a small Dutch Cheese, not a cherry. I was right again. ;)

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

The first one - the original and best, of course. I was also scared of it, but not the way the face peeled away - the way that the grinning skull fell apart to leave only the colour-cycling eyes...
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yeah, I agree. I may have mentioned this somewhere before (hmm!) but I strongly believe that this new series should have a life force clock - and one based on the original as well, but with one extra refinement:

Instead of using one arbitrary head, each dungeoneer should have their own clock, based on their own heads. This would imply that it is their OWN life force and make it a lot more creepy seeing an image of their own face decaying.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yeah, I agree. I may have mentioned this somewhere before (hmm!) but I strongly believe that this new series should have a life force clock - and one based on the original as well, but with one extra refinement.
Really? Are you sure you've mentioned that? ;) It does sound a good idea, but if the knew version is for younger kidsies as rumour has it, perhaps something so graphic might not feature. I still really think there's a role in the knew Knightmare for the life force face (of some kind) tho. It's something to put on screen to warn the players to hurry up (since not much editing can take place), something to throw on screen if the other technology temporarily goes awry, and it was always so darn good for atmosphere.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 24 Jan 2003, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

yeah i remember talking about all that before, it ever played a huge part in the show but it was always their and i think its needed..it kinda speeds things up to, but as i said the original was the best for many reasons.. just watch it and u'll see why.. but 2wards the end of Kmare when the life forse became to looks rarther boring,stupid,dull, crap i just thought they shood dump the hole idear,

But if they created a new one... u talk about haveing the dungeoneers fase decay is i guess what they were truing to do with the 1st one, i supose today it would be able to look just like him/her
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Whiteknight
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Whiteknight »

Yeah absolutely, the technology must exist now to make the face the same as that of the real dungeoneer based on photographs.  We might recognise some of the dungeoneers then because seeing some of the pictures on this site of the dungeoneers I can't remember what most of them look like but we see a lot of the advisors of course.

I think that for sure the old life force clock was the best by a long way.  Rather than being scary I thought that it was fascinating that computer technology in 1986-87 time could generate something that good to look at (as good as a decaying face can be to look at of course ;))  The walking man was a downturn because while it still must have had some thought put into it, the graphical capability must have been able to be exploited better.

The original lifeforce would be good to resurrect for any new series but unfortunately I can't see it happening.  Call me synicle but I always thought that the reason why it was discontinued was because some people must have complained that seeing something like this was not suitable for kids in the early evening.  I bet that this was the reason for the really rubbishy quiche graphic that passed off as a lifeforce in series 8.
'Join us again soon for Knightmare, it's well worth waiting for.'
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

An interesting approach to the spelling of "cynical" there, but other than that I think you're right. The walking dungeoneer was less graphic than the skull, and the Series 8 life force, whatever it was, was less graphic still.

The skull was the best feature, though - think of Knightmare and along with the horned helmet, that's what you think of. And Treguard of course. Oh, and Pickle. Come to think of it... (fades out)
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

Hey, maybe they could do an Atmosfear-style thing for the Life Force. You start off with a Dungeoneer's face, and as time goes on it slowly transforms into something darker, something terrible, something....eeeeeviiilll...

No? Oh well...a minor setback...

Hehehe...
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
thrifty_squirrels

Post by thrifty_squirrels »

atmosphere sucked