Knightmare Chat!!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare Chat

Post by Becxsmagic »

It's OK...*gives Rose slice of chocolate wedding cake* Enjoy! We'll be playing Blind Date next week, maybe get more people/objects matched up.
Hmmm...remember when Darren had a blind date with that fish? Maybe we should get them married. *Sighs* The first #knightmare shotgun wedding... ;)
Whereever you go, there you are
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

...my name's been mentioned here more than I've posted on these boards! Me nose be burning, it be. I've missed so many KM chats recently. Sniff, sob, sniff. I want to play Deal, No Deal. I tried to make my housemates play Mornington Crescent, but they didn't get it...

And my toe, the eponymous villain of Sodmytoe fame, is much better. :) So that name should not be appearing in the chat any more.

Which means next trivia round (zomg, knightmare trivia should be available all the tiiiime) I'll have to start at the bottom again... Snurgle.
Sidestep right.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Just dropping by to say that I can't make it to the chat today... Maths test tomorrow and I have to study. On saturday I might be for a little while, but not on sunday (finnish test...)
and next friday I'm going to the Sonata Arctica concert YAY! ;D so I won't be here them :(
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Becxsmagic wrote: It's OK...*gives Rose slice of chocolate wedding cake* Enjoy! We'll be playing Blind Date next week, maybe get more people/objects matched up.
Hmmm...remember when Darren had a blind date with that fish? Maybe we should get them married. *Sighs* The first #knightmare shotgun wedding... ;)
I would like to be matched with Jon, David T. or Robbie Williams ;)
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Snowwie: good luck on your test and enjoy the concert!

Rose: We'll see what we can do ;) out of that choice I'd go for David Tennant.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Yeah, I'll go with David - I'm going to get obsessed with him now! :D
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Hmmm...remember when Darren had a blind date with that fish? Maybe we should get them married. *Sighs* The first #knightmare shotgun wedding...
Ah yes I remember that very well, unfortunatly it didn't work out, she was seeing someone else :'(
Billy
Knight
Knight

*BIG* plans for Knightmare Chat (READ!)

Post by Billy »

I've been hinting about this for a while, but I'm only now revealing my full plans.

Next year, as with this year, a chatnight will fall on the 1st January. In a year that's had its ups and downs as far as KM is concerned, let's start 2006 with a real bang. Let's make it the BEST chatnight in #knightmare history!

And how are we going to do that, I hear you cry? Simple. We break the RECORD for the biggest amount of users in #knightmare chat EVER. The unofficial record is 40, supposedly set on the 9th September 2001 during an RPG session. That's been disputed, though- it's been said that there were only about 20 in that night, and that the person who reported the total of 40 was just massively exaggerating. 40+ would still be incredible, though...heck, so would anything over 30.

You're probably wondering why I'm reporting this so incredibly early, it being an entire month away from happening. Well, how else are we going to get our members? I want EVERYONE to round up as many members as possible for this chatnight. Even if they've never HEARD of Knightmare, introduce them to it, and get them to come. Everyone who's reading this right now should start recruiting- it's easy to sit there, thinking everyone else will do the recruiting for you, but we need you too! I really don't want this to fizzle out spectacularly, and there only being 4 people in there.

So, come on. Let's fill the chat to the brim. Let's get the new year off to a cracking start. And, most importantly, let's have fun!
Last edited by Billy on 01 Dec 2005, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Finally he reveals it!
I'm REALLY looking forward to the chat on the 1st January. I promise I'll be on my best behaviour even if that means no excessive craziness! ;)
It's a good idea to start on this now, gives us enough plugging time!
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

I'm looking forward to it billy :) I'll get some people to come in! I hosted two newyear parties for my room, I may even do one this year just to make it interesting
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

We're one week on from my original announcement, and only 24 days until the day itself!

An idea suggested today is to play the popular chat game Blind Date on the Big Night...but with a mammoth 250 names!! Obviously it wouldn't be ideal to come up with all those names in one night, so here's the plan - we generate 50 names on the Friday (30th December), 100 on the Saturday (31st December) and another 100 live on the Sunday. That way, we'll have our 250!

We recently passed 800 members on this forum. Surely getting over 40 is a doddle? Some members have made thousands of posts here, but, to my knowledge, have never even entered the chat (I'm looking at you, Moana and Fidjit!) Recruit, recruit, recruit, each and every one of you! Let's fill the room to the brim this New Years Day!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

It's been a week since I last publicised this, so let's do it again! 17 days to go!

Remember, Darren will be unveiling the results for the first official Knightmare Awards on the night. Anyone have any other ideas for what we could do? Perhaps we could all electronically join hands and participate in a mass singsong of the Knightmare VR Theme...or not. :p

Keep up the recruiting! I know it sounds impossible, but surely, SURELY we can do this!
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Well I think now that my chatroom is set up on the server, and by the looks of it I am getting around 6-7 regular people there, those would come to support it i'm sure! They may learn a thing or two :D

I am sure I can recruit some more people to, so come on people! theres not long to go now!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

It's great seeing more and more knewbies in the chat buuuuuut I'm wondering where some of the regulars are. What's happened to Sodoto, Snowwie...OK only 2 I can think of at the minute but I'm sure there's more.
If we got everyone in the chat on the same night we'd have about 20 I think.
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

Becxsmagic wrote: have about 20 I think.
Will the servers be able to handle that many?