Red Gem

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Red Gem

Post by Purgatory »

What did the red gem do?
i dont recall anyone that took it (if any) used it.
Im pretty sure the green gem was takeing and used a couple of times.
Last edited by Purgatory on 08 Feb 2003, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Red Gem

Post by DavidNewton »

I could be wrong, but didn't January sell it to Julius Scaramonger?
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

The red gem was usually a bribe. The very first team to tackle the Dungeon used one to please the old ledge-crumbler.

The green one developed some weird uses. Like being able to open doors (still, anything beats having to endure Fidjit or Casper the Key). And they were good at restoring my power in Series 7.

Oh, I forgot the Firestones that Smirky loved so much. No good to Heggatty, though. :)

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

was the firestone a red or green gem?
i think this is were i got all mixed up
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

In later series, the red gem appeared often, called a Firestone, which was a source of nourishment for Dragons. It could be used to pay Smirkenorff to transport you to the next Level.

It also appeared occasionally in earlier seasons, not all that often. A Wall Monster (I think either Olgarth or Granitas) stated that "The Blood red stone will lead only to bloodshed". On the other hand, the first team used it successfully to bribe Lillith, so I guess it was simply a ruby.

Incidentally, the green stone was referred to as an Arken Stone. It was highly treasured by Elves and Celts according to Treguard. In Series 7, Grimaldine used it in a similar manner to the way Dungeoneers used an Energy Sprite and food (ie. the Lifeforce) to sustain his energy in the Dungeon. Given that Grimaldine apparently came from the same world as us (Cornwall, specifically), this kind of makes sense. I assume that Maldame's door-opening stone in Series 8 wasn't an Arken Stone, as the Arken Stone didn't have such powers before.
Last edited by Ark on 09 Feb 2003, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i thought the gem used for Smirkenorff was the green gem? now this is were i was getting mixed up.. The green firestone i thought was always used for good. were the blood stone/red firestone was always the bad and wrong choice.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I'm sure it was used somewhere.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

If you've read the Knightmare books, you'll soon learn that "Green and blue" will never do.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

If you've read the Knightmare books, you'll soon learn that "Green and blue" will never do.
When this thread first appeared that was exactly my thought! I can't remember if the old ledge crumbler engaged in her favourite pastime when I tried the adventure.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

She did, in "Can You Beat The Challenge?"

In the difficult quest, there's a choice between a ruby and an emerald. Lillith is dressed in blue, and if she is given the emerald she throws you out.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

She did, in "Can You Beat The Challenge?"

In the difficult quest, there's a choice between a ruby and an emerald. Lillith is dressed in blue, and if she is given the emerald she throws you out.
Yes, I remembered all that. I meant- did I choose to take the emerald?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oh, I see. Probably!  ;) :D
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Probably!  ;) :D
How rude, dearie. Since Festus can't be bothered to eat you I'll just wave my lovely green staff like this and...

Your adventure ends here.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

*puff of smoke*

*a voice echoes around the flagstones: "you baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasterrrrrd!!!!" *
Subject to change.
David_Cooper
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by David_Cooper »

Smirkey might have been known for his love of the red fire stones. But he was more than partial to the occasional green Dragon-Mint! :)
I am the Brangwen She. Take your hands from off of me. If you try to touch my rear. I shall see that you meet Lord Fear.