Re:FAV ROOMS IN SERIES(ANY SERIES)

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Adzee wrote: It has to be the causeway. When I was young I used to feel so nervous for the team that had to guide the dungeoneer over it - especially in level 3!
Rewatching the series as an adult I find the S5 causeways exruciatingly boring.

However the S6 ones are great as they have the intense music which sometimes does and sometimes doesn't mean impending death. They also have the fright knight timer which stops the team from dragging their heals.

I thought the Trial by Spikes was an excellent additon in S7. It was nice and deadly, especially for a level 2 challenge! Felt like Knightmare of yore.

For some reason, when I think of Knightmare, I always think of that series 4-6(?) ruined castle courtyard with the wooden stairs ("Don't look, Pickle"). It always stuck in my mind because of the brilliant "I.. am.. HORD...Harris" scene ;D
Monster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Monster »

Hmm, for me it's got to be the chess room..

I don't recall further encounters offhand, but this is from S2 Team 5, where they had to get to the exit avoiding the bishop, making only the moves of a knight.

http://www.closetcynic.com/chessroom.gif

Good stuff!
Last edited by Monster on 01 Jul 2008, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Where am I?"
"... You tell us.."
Hikari_Ardias
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hikari_Ardias »

hmm medusa room lol

and catacombite lair
WE ARE LEGION!!!!!
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by BrotherStrange »

Play Your Cards Right: So tense, because you knew that one false move would finish the dungeoneer off-- both in terms of footwork and cards chosen.
I hadn't realised I'd entered the lunatic asylum! No doubt one day you'll be cured, you poor creature
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

Another favourite room of mine was in level 2 where the spears were coming in and out it was a tricky but excellent timing exercise. I also quite enjoyed the Mills of doom a sit was a very strange and and random room.
knightmaredave
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

From memories of the series on the original run - Probably a tie between the pendulum room which was used a grand total of once, the Fright Night teleporter puzzle from I forget the season, and the Corridor of Blades from many seasons.

From rewatching the series? Almost undoubtedly the block and Tackle.