Favourite End

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:End of season

Post by keke »

series 6 sounds quite good but i've seen series 1, 3 and 7 and 7 was the best out of them
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I think s7 has to be seen as the best simply because, fixed or otherwise, it in some way fitted in with the rest of the quest. The previous two were McGuffins because the sudden change of task was introduced completely out of nowhere, and most of the other seasons were totally anti-climactic. The only exception is s1, which was saved by either pure lucky timing or ruthless editing. (Anyone else wonder why the SHIELD spell that Richard was given by Merlin was never cast? I have a suspicion that several rooms in level 2 were snipped from the final broadcasts.)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Though I have always prefered the earlier series in general I thought that Series 6 had the best ending.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Hmm, I reckon that S6 and & were both cool endings, but I may have to choose S7 for Barry being acknowledged for beating the dungeon!

Had he just disappeared like S6 team, I would have been disheartened! They did deserve it after all!

LOL! "Treguard...Majida..........BARRY! I will get you for this!" :D
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

well seasons 2,3,4,8 are all much the same,
end of quest season, end of current dungeon.

But i rate season 8, (the current) as the better, after having two big finishes, (6/7) and the early ones being okay but a bit boring... i this was a welcome, plus the Ends the whole serious leaving you with nothing but your imagination, the darker ending then the lighter one.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

Series 6 and 7 had the best of those I've seen (I haven't seen 1 or 2). I don't think the ending of Series 7 was fixed - Barry had done enough to win anyway. The fact that it was better integrated into the quest, seeming less 'tacked on', and the presence of a large troll in the antechamber itself clinch it for series 7.
Last edited by Thanatos on 15 Mar 2005, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Best end is series 6.

Most unfair was series 4 since Giles team IMO were way too far in to be pulled out at that stage they coulda had a fixed win like barry meh.

Worst series 1 of course it just ended after the team dying.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Slight sidetrack, what does IMO mean? I think series 7 was the best ending as it shows that they really tried to combine the quest with a resonable ending.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

IMO = In my opinion
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Kewl, thanks
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Series 3 had the best ending. Treguard's look forever captured on the KM website in the series 3 clips never ceases to make me laugh.

Worst is series 4. C'mon, let them win! Oh, you spoilsports! Flip off, Merlin! It isn't Christmas!
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

FrightKnight wrote: Series 3 had the best ending. Treguard's look forever captured on the KM website in the series 3 clips never ceases to make me laugh.

Worst is series 4. C'mon, let them win! Oh, you spoilsports! Flip off, Merlin! It isn't Christmas!
And remember my classic caption for that treguard pic...... so fitting . ;D

Ill repeat it here for old time sake

http://www.knightmare.com/series/3/170.jpg
I CAN'T BELIVE ITS NOT BUTTER!!!!!
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 26 May 2004, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Hee hee! YES! ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
steve1977
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

End of series

Post by steve1977 »

Hi to all, I was thinking of the end of the series in the early days of Knightmare when the dungeon breaks up.

I know they had to end a series at some point and ending it with the dungeon breaking up/lighting up dramatically cant be better til next time.

However when a dungeoneer is still on a quest, he never gets the chance to complete the quest if doing well. Nor does he get to come back next series and even if he or she did, they would be made to start all over again.

Is it just a case of you are the unlucky dungeoneer by being the one whos put on the last quest of the series (in other words its impossible to win even if u are good, cos its going to end by the dungeon breaking up), maybe its just one of those things?

Oh you know on level 3 that wall that blocks your way ahead with that word on it beginning with J (whatever it is) I looked that name up on www.hyperdictionary.com, according to the definition I guess it must mean; a wall around a city, or rather in this case a wall to prevent you from going on (although u maybe able to crumble the wall with say by blowing a horn), but the word on it and the no. after it is also an indication that you are very near to the end of the game (say only 3-4 rooms from the end).

This wall appeared right in front of you in Merlins chamber.

Cheers to all
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:End of series

Post by Arcengal »

Jericho was the name of a city in the Old Testament. It seemed inpenetrable to the Israelites, so God told them to walk around it 3 times, then blow their horns really loudly. The walls fell down by divine intervention. Hence the "Where is the horn to bring down the walls of Jericho?" quote.
4 line sigs yada yada yada