Favourite Baddie

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: mordred, morgana or malice?

Post by MoanaLiza »

Poor old Mary Whitehouse. I wouldn't class her as a villain, she did enjoy the show after watching it for the first time!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Thats True.

But she was silly to give an oppinion on something she had never seen. She should have just said to the reporter.

"I haven't seen the show, so can make no comment on its contense."
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Too true, Skarky. MW's problem in my experience (that's an in-joke, folks. Y'know as in "Mary Whitehouse Experi-..." >sigh!< Never mind) was that she was reactionary as well as self-righteous. Still let's be fair to her, she did apologise once she'd actually tried WATCHING the programme. I just wish more of the so-called moral guardians of the media would realise that an informed opinion is worth a lot more than "sanitised" programme content.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'd pick Mogdred. To be honest, I think any of those early season villains could have got really tiresome if overused, and since Mogdred was most-used, he naturally comes off badly in the cliche respect. I do think John Woodnutt played Mogga so much better than he played Merlin, although on the occasions where he does get to spellcast, he still does it incredibly slowly. I always associate him with that "Mogdred's Little Playpens" scene, which I still find just a bit scary, and was definitely frightened by when I first watched it. Yes, the pledging stuff was tepid, although I always rather enjoyed at least the scenes on the collapsing bridge.

I think I would have tired of Morghanna very quickly. Her dialogue was pretty bad too, especially the bit about "My delight lies on the dark side". Very dire, in my opinion. And I always associate Malice with that strange scene when she's disguised and looking for that "leather bound book", which is all a bit silly. Her disguise was almost as bad as some of Hordriss' efforts.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 15 Jan 2004, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I am going to agree with you GG, Mogdred is my favourite early series Villain and I think with all his kills and scary moments then it's not surprising we all remember him as such a spook.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Actually, how many did Mogdred kill directly? I can only think of two off the top of my head.

And I still say it was Woodnutt who made the role so scary, not Mogdred himself.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well good character, good actor. I meant Woodnutt seeing as he played Mogdred, same person if you see what I mean.  :)
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

yes some interesting point here
i stil say that morgana was good as she kiled although very underused as was mogdred in s3 not reallyy much influence in level 2 like he had before
knightmaredave