Scary moments

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Scary moments

Post by TimeMaster »

Are there any Knightmare moments that still freak you out, even as an adult? I have to say that Stuart's death (Series 2) still scares me! The idea of constantly returning to the same room, never to escape, no matter which door you take, gives me the creeps! 8-o
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Scary moments

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Hey TimeMaster welcome to the forum!

Tony from series 2 when he walked into a room and he was trapped. Mogdread then appeared. Along with the background music as Tony perished was scary!

Also from Series 7 when Nicola walks in a pitch black room, you heard loud footsteps. Then you hear Lord Fear laughing as Nicola perishes. That was a bit freaky!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

The sound of the horn signalling the collapse of the dungeon in Series 3 still gives me the willies. It's probably the moment I remembered the most vividly ever since it terrified me as a 6-year-old!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

still the goblin horn fills be with dread.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The excellent tension music - though mostly because of the tension rather than anything actually frightening.
rmcintosh1983
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by rmcintosh1983 »

pjmlfc05 wrote:
Tony from series 2 when he walked into a room and he was trapped. Mogdread then appeared. Along with the background music as Tony perished was scary!
!
I agree with this 100%
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

Don't laugh!

The dreadnort (series 6). Sumayya's death (which I know is coming) still makes me twitch and look away from the second you hear the footsteps and know she hasn't got the word.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

rachelesque wrote:Don't laugh!

The dreadnort (series 6). Sumayya's death (which I know is coming) still makes me twitch and look away from the second you hear the footsteps and know she hasn't got the word.
I'm with you! Along with the music and the dreadnort's voice it was scary stuff!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Team 6's death in season 3 on the very narrow cavern bridge. They didn't deserve to reach level 3, but it's scary while the axe-haunting is closing in on them, and then agonising watching them get so close to the exit from the chamber, and then fall off the side.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

The first time you see the second life force! There's no announcement to show that it's been changed and the first time I saw that I had no idea what it was... and a skeleton in the corner of the screen was scary as hell!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
thesidesteptotheleft
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thesidesteptotheleft »

pjmlfc05 wrote:
Was that the one where he couldn't get past the catacomb bite and walked through the wrong door, only to be greeted by Moghdred saying "You've walked into one of my play pens, play a while, play FORVER!!!!!" (Maniacal laugh) The acting from the guy who played Moghdred was 10 out of 10!

The one for me was when the Oracle of Confusion first appeared. Watching that at 10:45pm the other week was pretty creepy even now
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

thesidesteptotheleft wrote:Was that the one where he couldn't get past the catacomb bite and walked through the wrong door, only to be greeted by Moghdred saying "You've walked into one of my play pens, play a while, play FORVER!!!!!" (Maniacal laugh) The acting from the guy who played Moghdred was 10 out of 10!
Indeed it is! Also completely agree with the acting from John Woodnutt (who played Mogdread as well as Merlin). Made the death so convincing and scary!
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldarion »

The "play forever" scene haunted my nightmares occasionally during the interim years, between seeing it on TV and seeing it on the internet. As did the "dark room" scenes.

But the simplest scares are often the best, and, as I've said before, my main memory was of the various "chasers" or "stalkers" - i.e the goblins, the trolls, the Automatum (sounding bigger than he looked was a neat idea) ... and Behemoth/Frightknight (whose name[s] I could never remember). His scene in 3x06 is in a way the "scariest" of all the stalker scenes, because of the way he suddenly looms up against the camera (sword held high, with a yell of triumph). Even Treguard seems spooked ("Flee, team...!")
The goblin and mire-men death scenes are pretty good too.
TimeMaster
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TimeMaster »

I thought that one of the scariest Goblin moments was Julie's death in Series 3. Just as you think that she is about to be guided to safety, a goblin steps out of the very door that she is about to go through!

Unfortunately the scariness of this is immediately undermined by the advisor's comments about offering the goblin a present ! ;D
"Master, Master I know this place! It's the Place of Choice!"
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Aldarion wrote: His scene in 3x06 is in a way the "scariest" of all the stalker scenes, because of the way he suddenly looms up against the camera
An assasin does this in Giles' quest in series 4 too, it's pretty scary. Unfortunately you only see it for a split second as the camera cuts to the advisor's (pretty amusing) reaction.