Art of Knightmare competition

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Art of Knightmare competition

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Argh only 4 days. Get paid on 23rd but this will too late then. Oh well. :(

BTW best wishes for your wedding HobGoblin!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Jeez, what a glitchy website! Took me three attempts just to reach the payment stage as I kept getting different error messages, and then it turns out PayPal doesn't work (I tried *that* three times before giving up) so card payment is in fact the only option. Anyway, succeeded in the end! Thank you David for adding this perk. :) He should mention it on his Twitter & Facebook to make sure everyone who enquired is aware of it before the deadline!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Weird.

I've made a total of 15 payments via indiegogo to various things. Always via paypal.
Never had a single problem :/

Not far to go now. The full amount is nearly raised!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I've had to pass this up as I just haven't got much work on at the moment, I hope I can buy the book at a later date maybe?

£75 is indeed a silly amount of money, the most I've paid for a book was £50 and that had over 400 pages of art work in in, weights an absolute tone.. lol, extremely high quality product, so even the £40 KM book seems a bit costly.

Although I have been wanting something like this for years,

p.s I've been on facebook for years and have never experience any privacy issues, spam or anything for the sort. They've got my address, email and phone numbers and I've never had a scrap of trouble. I find it a useful tool of communication.
Last edited by wombstar on 16 Jan 2014, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

wombstar wrote:I've had to pass this up as I just haven't got much work on at the moment, I hope I can buy the book at a later date maybe?

£75 is indeed a silly amount of money, the most I've paid for a book was £50 and that had over 400 pages of art work in in, weights an absolute tone.. lol, extremely high quality product, so even the £40 KM book seems a bit costly.

Although I have been wanting something like this for years,
By all means, if you can find a site that enables David to print the book, post it, cover other costs, and make some profit, all for a lower cost than £40 then let's hear about it.

I'm sure David would appreciate the opportunity to sell the books more cheaply.

And once again, it's not £75 for a book.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Mystara wrote:Weird.

I've made a total of 15 payments via indiegogo to various things. Always via paypal.
Never had a single problem :/
It kept saying "Your payment can't be completed because one of the receivers can't accept payments at this time". No idea what that's about. ???
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sounds like a problem with paypal rather than indiegogo.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Probably, but I had problems loading indiegogo before that as well. So people might need to persevere if at first they don't succeed!
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Actually I had some problems with the site too - missing 'continue' buttons for example which made it impossible to proceed to payment. I guessed it was a browser issue. Ended up doing it on my phone which was a tad painful but eventually successful!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Tsk tsk.

Not ideal for a donations website.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Will the book be available to buy even after the deadline date does anyone know? I would like to buy this but as I previously mentioned, don't get paid til the 23rd.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The special edition won't be.

I suspect the normal edition might be available as a printed book and it will definitely be available as an ebook.
I know David was toying with allowing people to print the ebook themselves. However I think that depends on resolving piracy issues.

My suspicion is that the prices will be higher after the campaign. Usually that's the actual "perk" for donating rather than being a buyer after the event :)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

That's cool. Will see what happens after the campaign. If the chance to acquire the normal edition arises it's still better than nothing. I would still buy the book.

Printing the ebook would be even better but like you say, piracy issues come into play.

I shall play the waiting game in the meantime!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Well, as I implied earlier, I don't think you'll get it printed more cheaply. Even on a desktop printer, 100 pages of full colour will not only be terrible quality, but will likely cost you an entire set of ink cartridges.

I'd be surprised if a full set of colour inks, plus paper, would be less than the £20-£25 extra cost for the printed version and the quality would be terrible.

But that's part of the problem. Printing is very expensive.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Art of Knightmare campaign

Post by Drassil »

I had no problems making my contribution via Indiegogo and PayPal. It was meant to be. :P By the way, I let David Rowe know that there are episodes online of Le Chevalier Du Labyrinthe and El Rescate Del Talisman that give further exposure to his Knightmare art, so these may now be covered in the book.

It looks like David's campaign has been gifted with a late surge just as Knightmare Live's was. "Only a short way to go." I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who has contributed. For so many people, being a 'fan' comprises expecting something for nothing and complaining about its flaws without a second thought. Anyone who has put money towards the campaign has achieved something more, and not just for themselves. Your generosity does you, David Rowe and Knightmare credit.
Chris wrote:I'm getting married on 8th Feb
All the best to you and your fiancée. Have you decided what you'll do if the best man's speech resorts to a quip about "love Ballards"? Best have Anthony on standby with a JOKE spell.