Art of Knightmare competition

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Art of Knightmare campaign

Post by Mystara »

Chris wrote:I'm getting married on 8th Feb
Many congrats!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Art of Knightmare competition

Post by wombstar »

Yeah I wouldn't think printing your own version of the ebook would be the ideal solution, i would imaging it would cost even more. I'm not sure if you would get the same quality product either, and with 100+ pages it doesn't sound practical.

Did i read the paper back version was different to the hard cover version?

I haven't used Indiegogo before but i looks a bit like Kickstarter which i have used, is there a real difference between them, or pretty much the same thing?
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote:Did i read the paper back version was different to the hard cover version?
The hardback one is a numbered collector's edition with some extra bits concerning the Geek Week episode.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Nice, I am a sucker for collector's editions.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

There might be more than just the geek week stuff in the collector's edition.

David was toying with ways to make it more special, since he wants to reward those people who made big donations.

It also comes with an Aluminium Knightmare bookmark.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Pity there wasn't an option for just the special edition without the trimmings but in the end I couldn't help myself and went for it, for the extra money you're getting a nice package overall. I'll just have to work some over time this summer to pay it off :P
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote:Pity there wasn't an option for just the special edition without the trimmings but in the end I couldn't help myself and went for it, for the extra money you're getting a nice package overall.
I would have loved the special edition too (and probably would have paid extra for it), but I wouldn't know what to do with the rest of the stuff it came with - there'd be no point in David producing lovely artwork that'd just end up sitting in a box I don't have room for. Ideally these campaign sites would let you choose your own combination of items with tick boxes, and then pay whatever the total came to, instead of "this whole package or nothing" which probably puts a lot of people off. Still, I'm happy enough with the standard book and glad I was able to contribute in the end. Huge congrats to David for reaching and exceeding his target!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Canadanne wrote:Ideally these campaign sites would let you choose your own combination of items with tick boxes, and then pay whatever the total came to, instead of "this whole package or nothing" which probably puts a lot of people off. Still, I'm happy enough with the standard book and glad I was able to contribute in the end. Huge congrats to David for reaching and exceeding his target!
Curiously, both indiegogo and kickstarter recommend that campaigns provide higher perks following the format "all of the previous perks plus X". They seem to feel that it results in higher contributions overall.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I wanted one of those fine art prints too, that kind of sealed the deal for me, I can soon find somewhere to hang it. :D I don't like stickers simply because im worried i'll get rid of whatever I've stuck them too, lol

But other projects I've supported were only even done if they reach the target, I didn't realise this one was going to happen regardless.. so it's not really a pledge but a purchase and maybe that's why it's a bit more expensive.