Series 7 - sight spells

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Series 7 - sight spells

Post by Mogdred »

Anyone else feel the were a waste of time? I guess that's why the helmet was changed so as to have a visor - the production team simply raised the visor a little when the spell was cast. But it got really tiring hearing Majita whine so often that 'HE CAN'T EVEN SEE!/IT'S TOO DARK!' etc. especially when the spell barely seemed to work anyway. Given that they managed 6 series without dungeoneers ever being able to see, what difference did those spells even make?
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 7 - sight spells

Post by wombstar »

I'm not sure it worked liked that, lifting the visor would just allow the dungeonner to see the blue screens, so i think the helmet had a screen inside so they could see the room or they took a peak on a monitor. I really don't know.

And even though he could see they still had to guide him ;D

It was one of the biggest mistakes to include in the show along with the reach wand i think.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 7 - sight spells

Post by Drassil »

If you've read my 'Jumped the Shark' article on the website, you'll know that I am not a fan of sight spells either. Jake/Eyeshield once described me as a 'fellow member of the newly-formed "Seeing Eye spells are pointless" club'.