Sight potions/spells: were they essential?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Teams 'missing something' and surviving

Post by Dan »

There were a couple of teams in series 3 who took the wrong door - the team who took the right-hand door in the dice room at the start instead of the door with the shield above it; and the team who jumped off the spindizzy at the wrong moment.

Both these teams were punished with additional puzzles (a bomb room and a 'call out two faces to reveal two bits of the room'-type thing).  Nothing particularly dangerous, but an additional challenge nonetheless.

I can't think of any team that's survived having failed to get necessary information or taken the wrong clue objects.  Had Scott managed not to walk off the ledge after he'd jumped the missing first step in Merlin's room, then I'd say him - but he didn't. ;-)
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

yeah but he didn't fall of the edge, his feet where in fact on the flood and i've never seen someone fall like that with no movment. looks like they just edited that to look like a death.  >:(
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Gwion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Gwion »

I don't remember the team's name's but they had to get past the ogre to go down the well to the next level.

They were supposed to take the gold bar to give to him but only had bull's horn (musical instrument).

It was touch and go for a while, "I will bip you and I will bop you!", but they managed to convince him that this was a worthwhile item to have (a drinking horn perhaps? But there's a hole in the end!).

I don't think this was the only time a team succesfully managed to talk there way around a baddie without the right item but it's the one I remember.  :)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Fatilla was quite easy to get past anyway - even if the teams didn't have anything to offer they could still talk their way past him by being flattering to him.
It's probably because he was so thick but I think this is the only character... no, no, wait, I'm wrong.

There's a bit in Series 2 where Mildread wanted a bone, but the team had taken a potion instead of a bone, so they gave her the potion instead. She still gave them a bit of help after that, even though it wasn't quite the right item.

I think.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

The winning team of Series 6 - it's an interesting thought as to whether they missed out on information regarding the great causeway. They found a scroll in Ariadne's chamber of "2, 3, ? ? ?". Hordriss might have been the source to expand on this, but the spell to defeat Fear was extract from him instead. As far as I can tell, the way to cross the numeral section of causeway was by following the path by consecutive numbers (2, 3, 4, 5, 4 being the only route to do this). Still, it's a small possibility~
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

"basically we missed something out and we got it right be a complete guess"

i love that line :)

level 3 as well, they were so lucky...