Does anyone know which team died quickest of all?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jebstar »

I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts about which team died the fastest of all time. I saw one the other day in which the team died in about five minutes. Has anyone ever just walked straight into a flying sword or something?
Cant even quest!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Does anyone know which team died quickest of a

Post by Tom41 »

How about the first team in the final series of Knightmare? Their quest was started - and finished - all in one episode, they never even got past Level 1! However, I'm not sure if that was the shortest quest ever, check the Knightmare main page.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

hiya,
the Ipswich (my hometown) team started their quest after the break, and when time-out sounded they were all ready to go into their death room.. 13 minutes i think it was...

Series 1 - 12 minutes
Series 2 - 10 minutes
Series 3 - 11 minutes
Series 4 - 25 minutes
Series 5 - 19 minutes
Series 6 - 35 minutes
Series 7 - 32 minutes
Series 8 - 8 minutes (end of series) otherwise 23 minutes

;D
Last edited by WhiteDevil on 29 Jul 2003, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

(Illusion, please take note) I remember a thread on the Website Feedback forum where somebody mentioned an error - series 8, team 5 lasting only 11 minutes. Illusion pointed out that it was 11 minutes in one episode, then 12 minutes in another episode (total 23 minutes). This has been changed on the Teams page, but this quest is still mentioned on the 'home page' of series 8 as the shortest quest (apart from team 7, which was cut short for the end of the season) lasting 11 minutes. Team 7 is correct as the overall shortest quest, but since the corection above, this has got forgotten - the next shortest quest should be team 1 at 14 minutes.

Also (to Illusion), have you missed out any teams on the series guides, because I can find this bit of text at another Knightmare website (URL http://members.aol.com/TreguardD/phil.html):

"[Series 4] Team 3 won the prize for the shortest quest ever in Knightmare, totaling a dismal 13 SECONDS!!!!!! This was because the first room took place over a huge chasm, and when the advisor said 'take a small step to your right', the dungeoneer took a massive one to the left!"

This team is obviously not correct, but I can find no other team in all 8 series this this description fits. Illusion, have you included absolutely every team and not omitted this team, either accidentally or because it was 'not important'?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

well as that didn't make it to air it can't really placed in the records can it?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Prophet_Tenebrae
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Prophet_Tenebrae »

There was the team around series 3 or 4, who should have failed almost instantly. They almost managed to guide their dungeoneer off the revolving platform when attempting to choose a quest.

I think if you watch carefully, it's clear that they were "let off" with pretty much falling to their deaths.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

if you look closely you can hear and see the kids foot touch the floor...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Yeah, that was series 4 team 2, with Alastair as the dungeoneer. I think his right leg and most of his bodyweight actually landed on the platform, but his left leg actually scraped the ground so i think it's ok to let them off.

What really annoyed me is when the dungeoneer got on the revolving platform and then stepped off onto the second ledge almost immediately without her advisors guiding her at all!
Foxxy Roxxy
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Technically speaking, the length of a quest is determined from the moment the dungeoneer enters the dungeon, to the moment the dungeoneer dies - if a team is let off (as in the case of series 4, team 2) then the dungeoneer hasn't died yet and so the quest proceeds.

Additionally, the lengths have been calculated from the finished programmes (which have undergone editing). Adjusting some quests' times according to bits that have been left out may be a bit unfair because all the teams' timings would have to be recalculated, too, to incorporate deleted scenes. And since, I think, very little is known about the deleted scenes we can't really make any proper assessment about team longevity based on anything but the lengths as they appear in the aired programmes.
Subject to change.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

^ thats right because didn't many of the teams take a far while on what quest items to take?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

well as that didn't make it to air it can't really placed in the records can it?
If a quest didn't 'make it to air', how could this person have known about it? I don't think that he had any inside information - he was only a watcher.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Series 2 Team 6 - enough said
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

That page is also full of simply wrong information - incorrect names and details, etc.  I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.  ;-)

There's a single episode in series 1 that features two teams dying.  Makes a change from series 4 where you were pretty much guaranteed to get a full episode of every team, more or less.  I much prefer the series 2/3 days where you were wondering if the team would make it through the episode ;-)
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

(Illusion, please take note) I remember a thread on the Website Feedback forum where somebody mentioned an error - series 8, team 5 lasting only 11 minutes. Illusion pointed out that it was 11 minutes in one episode, then 12 minutes in another episode (total 23 minutes). This has been changed on the Teams page, but this quest is still mentioned on the 'home page' of series 8 as the shortest quest (apart from team 7, which was cut short for the end of the season) lasting 11 minutes. Team 7 is correct as the overall shortest quest, but since the corection above, this has got forgotten - the next shortest quest should be team 1 at 14 minutes.
Thanks, I will get this corrected.
This team is obviously not correct, but I can find no other team in all 8 series this this description fits. Illusion, have you included absolutely every team and not omitted this team, either accidentally or because it was 'not important'?
Yes every team has been listed. I think I recall discussing this with Phil (who wrote that article from memory) a few years ago. We confirmed that no team actually died in the first room and therefore I think he said his memory must have been playing tricks!
You're on the edge of a ledge...