Vague memories I'm not sure happened?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Vague memories I'm not sure happened?

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Did these things happen or did I imagine them?

A single unique spyglass sequence that for one occasion wasn't about Lord Fear but featured someone else (Hordriss maybe?).

An eyeshield sequence with a pooka in it.

One or more characters telling the dungeoneer to put the eyeshield down or not point it at them because they didn't like being watched.

Elita revealing her true name which was really long (Definitely not thinking of Mellisandre's full name).

Pickle shouts something out, I can't remember what the words were but it was an exclamation, something like "Dragon's breath!"... one of the advisers misconstrues this as a clue and later tells the dungeoneer "It's something to do with dragons breath" and Pickle/David Learner pulls a really funny face.

Pickle or Majida sneaking food into the napsack.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Vague memories I'm not sure happened?

Post by Canadanne »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 22:36 A single unique spyglass sequence that for one occasion wasn't about Lord Fear but featured someone else (Hordriss maybe?).

Yes, there was one with Greystagg and Heggatty near the end of Series 6.

An eyeshield sequence with a pooka in it.

Yes, in Series 5. It just popped up for a moment and disappeared again, and nobody commented on it.

One or more characters telling the dungeoneer to put the eyeshield down or not point it at them because they didn't like being watched.

Yes, Brother Mace says this in Series 4.

Elita revealing her true name which was really long (Definitely not thinking of Mellisandre's full name).

Yes, in Series 5. ("Elithasanthasanthasanchergowinkle" or something similar!)

Pickle shouts something out, I can't remember what the words were but it was an exclamation, something like "Dragon's breath!"... one of the advisers misconstrues this as a clue and later tells the dungeoneer "It's something to do with dragons breath" and Pickle/David Learner pulls a really funny face.

You're thinking of "Elf boots!" in Series 6.

Pickle tried to sneak a banana in there during Series 4.

Your memory is just fine!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Canadanne wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 23:22
AriadnesLayer wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 22:36 An eyeshield sequence with a pooka in it.

Yes, in Series 5. It just popped up for a moment and disappeared again, and nobody commented on it.

It's also the only time we see a pooka in Series 5, if I remember that correctly!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 15:10
AriadnesLayer wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 22:36 An eyeshield sequence with a pooka in it.

It's also the only time we see a pooka in Series 5, if I remember that correctly!

I think you're right...
DuxBellorum
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DuxBellorum »

Yes, I remember all of these.

The Pooka moment still seems rather strange, all these years on.

Was is supposed to be noticed or mentioned or could it have been a mistake?

I've also always thought it a shame that Elita never had any business cards to hand! ;) ;D
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MindlessAutomartum »

Canadanne wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 23:22Yes, in Series 5. It just popped up for a moment and disappeared again, and nobody commented on it.
It seemed a bit pointless as I think it was on the screen for less than a second.
Pooka wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 15:10It's also the only time we see a pooka in Series 5, if I remember that correctly!
Likewise with the Gordon Ramsay pookas in series 7. It’s a shame pookas were underused on the whole, as they looked very impressive.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

MindlessAutomartum wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 14:23
Canadanne wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 23:22Yes, in Series 5. It just popped up for a moment and disappeared again, and nobody commented on it.
It seemed a bit pointless as I think it was on the screen for less than a second.
Pooka wrote: 23 Sep 2017, 15:10It's also the only time we see a pooka in Series 5, if I remember that correctly!
Likewise with the Gordon Ramsay pookas in series 7. It’s a shame pookas were underused on the whole, as they looked very impressive.

Nope, I don't think that's true. Pookas did pop up at the end of series 7, but not in Eye Shield sequences.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MindlessAutomartum »

Pooka wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 19:29Nope, I don't think that's true. Pookas did pop up at the end of series 7, but not in Eye Shield sequences.
Yes, it wasn’t in an Eye Shield sequence, I think it was in a clue room. But I think that was the only time we saw a pooka in series 7.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

It's worth adding that the end credits of some Series 4 episodes (5, 6, 8, 14) included a wooded path where the spirit appeared:

Series 4 end credits.jpg
Series 4 end credits.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 11920 times

It's a shame they weren't used in Series 4 eyeshield sequences. They could have been an obstruction which the team has to get rid of with a horn or spell.

They weren't given a name in Series 4 and 5. Here are a few suggestions: woodland spirits (because they were sometimes found at the inn); Dunnheads; foflos (forest floaters); proto-pookas.

AriadnesLayer wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 22:36
Pickle tried to sneak a banana in there during Series 4.

It was before the first quest. Two quests later, Treguard was still checking the knapsack for contraband. He even checked inside the helmet.