True or False trivia question

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

True or False trivia question

Post by s4t8brett »

Just a bit of fun: Some graphics from a game chamber in Series 1-3 was used in Series 4-5: true or false? (Excluding the life force animation).
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: True or False trivia question

Post by MindlessAutomartum »

Sounds false on the face of it, since S4 and S5 had totally different graphics from S1 to S3. However, many sound effects from early series got used in later series, so I wonder if some less obvious graphic was reused. I’ll have to think about this some more!
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Okay MindlessAutomartum!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hi, Brett. The back wall of the blue Level 1 clue room in Series 1-3 looks markedly similar to the back wall of the block and tackle in Series 4 and Aesandre's final encounter room in Series 5. I'd say true.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I also remember the Falling Bridge chamber from Level 3, which I think featured once in Series 3, was also seen in Series 4 (Malice: "I see you have survived blades. Let's see if you can survive a fatal fall...").

So I also say true.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
MindlessAutomartum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MindlessAutomartum »

The Block and Tackle and falling bridge were the ones I was thinking of, as those were one of the few rooms with hand drawings. The background of the falling bridge looks a bit S1 to S3ish, but I think it is slightly different.

The Block and Tackle does look a lot like the original Level 1 Clue Room now you mention it. Perhaps a bit like the twist room from series 3 too.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Truth accepted! I think Drassil got in with the correct answer first on this occasion. I have often wondered whether the Falling Bridge was originally intended for Series 3, as it had 3-part scenes in each of the upper levels.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks, Brett. Even if the crumbling bridge had been in Series 3 and 4, I'm not sure it would have fitted your statement, which also referred to Series 5.

Beyond graphics, that also applies to the revolving disc which served as the spindizzy in Series 3 and the Place of Choice roundabout in Series 4 but wasn't in Series 5.

Actually I have a question about that. I'll start a new topic.