Create-a-danger!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Zeeky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Create-a-danger!

Post by Zeeky »

:o That's right! You can make your own danger that you think should have been used in Knightmare, and if I get enough, I might send it to Televirtual to see if they can get into Knightmare VR! Ok:

A bit of confusion Zeeky, your opening paragraph seems to have a dual meaning.  It implies both Knightmare and KM VR.
I think your attempt to kill off the topic worked... >:(
The only person you can trust when gaming by yourself is you. When playing in a team, only trust in your team.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Oh dear, dear, dear...... (and no I'm not a door I'm a wolf)
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I think your attempt to kill off the topic worked... >:(
I liked the thread, I wasent killing it off I just pointed out the confusion.  As they say, dont shoot the messanger.  I thought the amount of replies and the ideas were quite good realy.
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Create an obstacle

Post by Fear »

Simlar to lines of create a character,

1. What sort of obstacle?
2. What level?

Things like that.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Create an obstacle

Post by 123Pooka »

Not sure if a labyrinth sort of idea has been done before in knightmare but you could have a chamber which is a maze, or labyrinth, full of terrors and 'dead' ends. Might have a few skull ghosts popping up from around the corners as well
I always liked the series 8 animated corridors with the eerie sounds and portcullises, so these could be used as part of the labyrinthial pathways. Presumably clues from characters earlier on would earn you directions in the labyrinth.
Think I would have it in level 3 to increase tension.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
SkipTheDreadnort
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SkipTheDreadnort »

I always thought it would have been pretty nifty to have Skarkill or whoever actually kidnap the dungoneer, but it not be Game Over. Rather, the next scene would take place in a torture chamber or other slow-moving hazard (e.g. a slowly descending ceiling, or a conveyor belt of some sort!). If the player had enough wit/the right object/a necessary spell, they could escape from Skarkill's clutches and continue the quest - while the ensuing manhunt by the goblin hordes would have ramped the tension up to 11!

Another cool idea would have been to have an unseen assailant snipe at the player from the castle battlements. If the player had the right spell (e.g. a variant of SIGHT or VISOR), the Advisors would be able to see through the scope/eyes of the sniper (who would have been armed with a crossbow or fireballs). Using this viewpoint, the Advisors could guide the dungeoneer to safety while avoiding being caught in the sights of their enemy.

Finally - to steal an idea from Half-Life - there would be a cage in the middle of the dungeon with an important clue object and a bunch of baddies in it. The player would need to throw a switch in the room to open the cage, then retrieve the clue object while avoiding/dispatching the baddies.

Hopefuly I'll be able to implement all this is my new Knightmare web-browser game! (See "Here's a mad idea...")

Skippy
Knightmare: The Deeper Dungeons (working title) - Coming Soon
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Not bad.
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

similar floor to battle chess yet a square glowed for a few second and if u didnt move quick enough a cape would surround you then skarkill "claps the irons on you" humm probably level 2 sort of thing
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldarion »

CREATURES
I haven't got the software to draw and animate it, but if they were going to introduce another set of "stalker" characters (in the goblins/miremen tradition), how about giant katydid-type insects - along the lines of the kidnappers in Edward Gorey's "Insect God".

And staying with insects - may-bee we could get may-bugs in there somewhere? I know I was far more scared of them as a kid than bees or wasps: as much because of their size and the noise they make as their stingers.
I guess they'd appear either as an animated threat to dodge (they come out of the ground, as if they've just finished gestating, and start whizzing around threateningly), or as some kind of variant on the Series 2 bees-in-a-honey-jar weapon (can't think how to make that work, though).

ROOMS
I've forgotten - was there a "flood danger room" in one KM series? I say that because the mention of Edward Gorey reminded me of "The West Wing" - his booklet of that name, depicting a deserted mental-hospital wing full of ghosts and booby-traps. If you've seen it, you'll know it's pretty Knightmarish (not just as a concept, it also has scorpions and a dark room with a mysterious presence). Anyway, there's a flood danger room in that, and -
an immense ambiguous painting/window...that something might jump out of. The simplest psychological threats are always the best.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Not exactly a flood danger, no, although there was the Pool Room in season 3 that was occasionally shark-infested.