Best/Worst line-ups

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Best/Worst line-ups

Post by HStorm »

Here's a new track to think about, related to the "Characters that sucked" thread.

Which season do you think had the best line-up of characters, and which do you think had the worst?

For me; Season seven possibly had the best (yes, there are SOME things I like about the later years), closely followed by season two, and season one was probably the worst (although that's mainly because the cast was too small).
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lord_Bob

Re: Best/Worst line-ups

Post by Lord_Bob »

S7 had a good line up and so did S3, don't really know what would be the worst line up
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

S6 & S7 had the best line up of characters it was the later Knightmare series at its apsalute best. S3 also had a good cast line up and S4 for all its other faults produced some of KM most memoeable characters.

(Although S8 Had 3 favirots of mine Snapper-Jack, Bhal-Sheba & Honstey Bartram)

S1,S2 & S5 had the worst line ups S1 & S2 had two few caracters.

S5 had new characters trying to establish themselves and finding what worked best (Lord Fear, Skarkill/Scaramounger, Elita & Smerkinoff for example)
Most of the above were at there best in S6 onwards.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Although you have to be fair, S5 did have sir Hugh de Witless, one of my favourite comedy characters of the lot, besides ones like Motley who try to be funny.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

Every Series sort of had its ups and downs with the line-up but agreeing with the majority S6 & 7 had the best line-ups with a good balance of characters who were all interestin in their own way. S7 would of been better with Motley but they were obviously tryin somethin new which neva worked.
S3 had Mrs.Grimworld and S4 had Gundrada also liked sir hugh especially with that part where Hands is on and he goes on about smellin people  ;D
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

yeah sir hugh de witless was good and a seris 5-6 character was skarkill so 5 and 6 had good line ups so did 3 with mrs.G (SHUT UP FESTUS)
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Mrs G was a laff, but I'm not sure she was that good as a character in her own right. Her depth depended an awful lot on her relationship with Festus. Take away the "dog" and that doesn't leave you with much.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

You could always have Mr G the Ogre growling in the background, albeit not quite the same effect though  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Mrs G was a laff, but I'm not sure she was that good as a character in her own right. Her depth depended an awful lot on her relationship with Festus. Take away the "dog" and that doesn't leave you with much.
There was the scene with Mrs. G and I think Scott, where she had lost festus and was looking and asking for him. She tried to sell the dungeoneer the map. I don't know what you though about that scene though HStorm.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think Series 7 had the best set of characters by quite a way actually, which is another reason I wish certain things had been different about it so I could love it as much as I'd like to. Good characters but often poorly or predictable used, sadly. Oh, and Fidjit the Pointless. And Marta. *shudder*

Not 100% sure which I'd say is the worst set. I'd feel bad about saying Series 1, since that was the show finding its feet... but since I can't think of anything else, I'm going to say Series 1.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]