Impatient Dungeoneers

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Impatient Dungeoneers

Post by King_Gazz »

well maybe
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Was funny to hear the advisers say "oh god" when elita said she may help them or may help scarkill lol :).
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I too like the lippy ones rather than the "What Shall I do?" every 3 seconds dungeoneers.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Dungeoneers, no, but the advisors on team 6 in season one were really impatient. "Walk forward. Go on! GO ON, MOVE IT!!!!!!"
If your talking about impatient guiders the one on Giles' team (can't remember his name though) was quite impatient, which appeared to look like he nearly had a heart attack on a couple of occasions and what about Gideon? Back to dungeoneers though didn't Martin say things like stop whispering and speek up, I can't hear you! Or am I thinking of Barry?
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 09 Jan 2004, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

There've been a few dungeoneers who get angry about the advisors whispering. One of the S7 dungeoneers got his knickers in a real twist on the Play Your Cards Right puzzle just before he fell.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Although a lot of my favourite advisors are those with no clue whatsoever, I do like Dungeoneers who show some sense and don't just follow orders and ask for instruction all the time. I think my personal favourite is probably Martin from S3, who was funny in a subtle way but also eager for his team to get on with things.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

There've been a few dungeoneers who get angry about the advisors whispering. One of the S7 dungeoneers got his knickers in a real twist on the Play Your Cards Right puzzle just before he fell.

That is what springs to my mind first, team 1 season 7, I believe.

They tell him to merely 'touch the card' when it is evident he cannot see it .  When he finally touches it, his 'right, now MOVE me!' is very amusing, and he also gets angry at all of the whispering...Who could blame him?
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I remember Alan from Series 6 Team 3, whilst his advisors were dithering, he mentioned:

"Does it help - I can see the table!"

I thought Alan was very good seeing as his advisors tended to jitter about a bit and he wasn't afraid to correct them as well.  8)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

I think dungeoneers with an impetus about them really made a quest stand out. Also, I think a lot of the dungeoneers who thought for themselves tended to get further. That would cover a little bit of impatience maybe, thinking for themselves, offering suggestions of their own, or having the poise to run a conversation themselves without having to repeat everything told from an advisor. Quests were livened by more engaging dungeoneers, such as Richard (S5), Scott (S3) and Sofia's banter with Elita (S6) - after all; the game was about wit, quick-thinking and teamwork, and with a dungeoneer acting as a puppet rather than a team-player, it gave the team every chance of doing well when they provided a 4th brain and opinion within a team.

Kieran - is the team you were thinking of Alex's team: S7, team 3 (lad in green shorts)? - I was quite impressed at his urgency - given there were goblins after them, and was just frustration at getting nowhere very far, very fast. I think it occured more often when dungeoneers were faced with puzzles such as causeways and anything requiring quick movement. Examples that spring to mind include Ben (Winner S6) telling his advisors not to wait for him to comment on what was lying on the great causeway slab, as it was only food, and to get him onwards regardless; and Chris (Dungeon Saviour S6) in the best ending of a series (imo), when kept waiting in dangerous situations, such as Witchhaven.

I'm now tempted to listen to S Club 8's 'New Direction' for some reason... erm.. don't let that govern any replies.  :o
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.