Series 3 Team 8

Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 3 Team 8

Post by Fidjit »

What a drag! Douggy and crew weren't very good were they?

If they didn't know a lot why did they accept them...

That slot could have been a winning team...

It applies to all those who died on Level One:

Team 1
Team 5
Team 7
Team 8

Don't blame me if these are wrong... I got these from the top of my head...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 3 Team 8

Post by Malefact »

Hehe, well it's good entertainement! In terms of messing up a quest so badly, I think this team ties with team 6, series 2. :)
Subject to change.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

A game show always requires a few awful teams for comedic value. The teams can't always be good.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Methinks most seasons did have at least 1 comical team....I have the feeling they were allowed on there so the production crew could have a good time!

I still enjoy watching Akash and co. from season 2......What a terrible cause.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I still think Series 8 Team 6 completely skipping Level 2 and going on to win the game is a complete comedy in itself.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
MrP
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MrP »

I found Akash and team altogether more annoying than Douglas and co for the simple reason that they didn't appear to take it very seriously and found the whole thing to be a bit of a laugh. A bit of a slap in the face for those who failed the auditions!

Douglas and team seemed to be nothing more than shy & nervous in my opinion, which is worthy of a little more sympathy. Anthony & team in series 2 were another that were clueless, but not without enthusiasm.

The final team in series 5 got up my nose for reasons similar to those of Akash.
If this were really happening, what would you think?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

... and on the subject of clueless! s4 need I say more! ::)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I wonder exactly why they decided to completely ignore Motley. They didn't even ask for information! And it's not like he's a hostile character or anything...

Speaking of getting through auditions, the team that really stumps me is the team in Series 3 (I think it's Team 7 but I'm not sure) who told their Dungeoneer to "go through the door in front of you" in the dice room. SHE CAN'T *SEE* THE DOOR YOU TWATS!
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I wonder exactly why they decided to completely ignore Motley. They didn't even ask for information! And it's not like he's a hostile character or anything...

Speaking of getting through auditions, the team that really stumps me is the team [...] who told their Dungeoneer to "go through the door in front of you" in the dice room. SHE CAN'T *SEE* THE DOOR YOU TWATS!
Yep. Absolutely. The second team you mention make me crack up- the advisor who tells her to go through that door miles away from her and around a table looks really pissed off when everyone laughs at her. It's like "If I realised it'd be this much work to get her around a table, I wouldn't have bothered coming".

I'd love to know what the attitude to picking teams was. From what people have said about auditions, I guess it's at least partly to do with whether your team has a certain dynamic. I suppose it's possible to have a nice dynamic going but still be pretty crappy! Personally, I really love the awful teams, and I'd now usually much rather watch them mess up and do all sorts of ridiculous things than watch some fairly good but not quite good enough teams stumble through to Level 2 or 3 before being killed off. Nice to have a mix of different types though, I guess.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 16 Oct 2003, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]