Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Who said young teams are given an easy ride?
No-one. Unless that's a rhetorical question, I guess you're referring to what I said. If so, best to reread it since I don't in fact say young teams are given an easy ride. In fact, I think they sometimes do indeed get an easier time, but only in certain cases, only in certain conditions and only "easier" in certain ways.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

hmm after GG's comment I am still not swayed into thinking they were treated fairly, they have been let off at least twice if not more and were definatly poorer than Team 6. I cant wait for Wednesday so we can get rid of them!  :-*
Ah, you've read what was said before commenting. That's always uplifting.

I actually agree with you. In fairness, on your original post, I don't think one can blame them for losing two clue items to Skarkill in the situation, as I argued before. As I said before, it's also hard to know how long they really took n that causeway compared to the previous team- and, as I think I also said, the level difference might mean something in how harshly team's causeway efforts were judged.

Okay, the caveats aside, here's the bit where I agree. They aren't a very good team. The advisors are a bit meek and often need cattle prodding to get going into actually advising. Chris not being able to read the menu is just bizarre and, even compared with other dungeoneers who must have had simlar problems with the sound quality, he seems to have a lot of trouble hearing. Their causeway effort was painful to watch, and they need better thought processes in the Level 2 Clue Room.  

Poorer than Team 6? Again, I agree. I liked Team 6, despite their problems.

Looking forward to them getting killed off tomorrow? Again, agreed.

On whether they were treated "fairly", it depends what you mean. If you meant treated the same as other teams, well, perhaps it is fair, but only because so many other teams this season are also treated so unfairly in the second sense, i.e. getting what they deserve! There are so many obvious let- offs this year, plus a few occasions where teams are punished a little harshly, or at least not punished at what seems an appropriate time. Team 6 made mistakes, but instead of being punished then, were killed off on the causeway when- as other people have said, and at least in the final edit- they move as quickly as others who survived on the same obstacle. Team 3 had an obvious let-off early on despite an obvious mistake, and I think it's sad that they were allowed to get to Level 3, whereas Team 2, who showed a fair bit of ingenuity, and evidently went into losing status through not recollecting a small clue in a pressure situation, were killed off in Level 2. Or Team 4, who won without frankly meeting anything greatly challenging, who had clue object choices which I think were almost "choose anything and you'll be okay" whereas some of the clues given to other teams this year in clue rooms were quite hard to fathom, who got much easier questions in Level 2 than other teams had in Level 1, and whose final encounter with Aesandre I still half-suspect might have worked out okay whichever spell they'd chosen to cast. Or if they had been killed for casting the other spell, I'd think it was arbitrary given that some of the clues could equally lead you to cast that as to cast the other. That's the thing that gets me about this series- it often seems so arbitrary whether teams are allowed to survive or not, whether they get an easier or a rotten time.  

That's another way of saying I too think it was pretty unfair., although as I've argued before elsewhere, fairness isn't the only virtue.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I agree with that about the teams being let off too fairly in this season, hence why dreadful teams such as Team 3 got to lvl 3. Still todays episode will be juicy  :'(
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

And why on earth then did an excellent team such as Team 5 get killed off on Level 1? That's complete injustice!  :o
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well its the teams fault for making the mistakes.
not getting passwords, get killed by goblins or falling off a causeway.. its all the teams fault for getting it wrong.
can't blame anyone else.. its also the teams fault in getting in correct
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

Post by Billy »

Good Dungeon to you all on this fine morning! This episode provided us with some great quotes:

Advisor: "He's on fire now" (referring to the causeway)

Advisors: "Say Constantinople"
Chris: "What?"
Advisors: "CON...STAN...TI...NOPLE!"
Chris: "CON...STAN...TI...NOPLE!"

Some great bee effects in the room with Skarkill. And on the causeway, Chris really did come very close to falling off it near the end, didn't they? And later Brother Mace asked them 3 questions on the Crusades. Funnily enough, like them, I wasn't sure on the 3rd question and guessed con...stan...ti...nople- and whaddya know, it was right! In a rare moment for S5, the door opened to reveal Smirkenoff rather than the Decender.

The team almost avoided using the Spyglass in Level 2, but after a hint from Treguard used it in the end. Timed Out in a neato looking indoor market, and at Julius Scaramonger's stall for at least the second time this series.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

"I know her name but I just can't seem to remember it!"
Not quite Oscar standard action there.

Furthermore the team don't seem to have much confidence in there ability:
"If we go fire, earth and water we might make it across to the door."

Knice scene with Skarkill and the bees, bother they met Brother Mace who tesed them before they left level 1, managed to guess "Constantinople" so scored 3 out of 3.

Into Level 2, I don't thing we have ever had a team who had to go back to where they started on a level to get to the next level.

And how does Icesandre get around:
"I walk, my Lord. Gracefully."

Credits over the town with two women gossiping on the balcony.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I watched this episode just the other day, I thought it was really funny when the advisor casting the spells tried to BAG the skull! :D Not only that but they didn't realise at first that Elita's voice was Elita's voice :D
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Really? :D
I don't have challenge, but this is the next best thing *hugs everyone*
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Aaargh, just realised this is the wrong episode I'm thinking about...forget what I said, it's not in this episode at all, it's an entirely different team :-[

I have posted in the right thread now :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 28 Oct 2005, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 5 Episode 13 (Mon. 17th)

Post by Aldarion »

Billy wrote:Good Dungeon to you all on this fine morning! This episode provided us with some great quotes:

Advisor: "He's on fire now" (referring to the causeway)

Advisors: "Say Constantinople"
Chris: "What?"
Advisors: "CON...STAN...TI...NOPLE!"
Chris: "CON...STAN...TI...NOPLE!"

Some great bee effects in the room with Skarkill. And on the causeway, Chris really did come very close to falling off it near the end, didn't they? And later Brother Mace asked them 3 questions on the Crusades. Funnily enough, like them, I wasn't sure on the 3rd question and guessed con...stan...ti...nople- and whaddya know, it was right! In a rare moment for S5, the door opened to reveal Smirkenoff rather than the Decender.

The team almost avoided using the Spyglass in Level 2, but after a hint from Treguard used it in the end. Timed Out in a neato looking indoor market, and at Julius Scaramonger's stall for at least the second time this series.
But Chris said it wrong - didn't he! He said CON..STAN..TIN..OPEN!
Hadn't he ever heard that They Might Be Giants song? Or that 1920s song that spells it out (c-o, n-s-t, a-n-t, i-n-o-p, l-E!!)?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

That's nobody's business but the Turks.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 13

Post by Canadanne »

Seems like Elita reads one of her lines wrong in the scene with Chris. "Not as thick as you look, are you? Still, I don't suppose you could be--" Surely this was meant to be an insult rather than an interrupted thought!

Speaking of bitchy comments, LOL at the advisors telling the poor kid "Read the scroll" ... "At least TRY to!"

At the end of the credits, is that Julius Scaramonger with another baby deer slung over his shoulder?
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 7 were doing ok. They seemed a little hesitant at times, which was understandable as they looked a very young team. They eventually made a good choice in the clue-room.
Elita was in a comparatively agreeable mood this time. :D
Nice to see Skarkill get his comeuppance, attacked by a swarm of bees when he opened the honey. ;D
They did very well with 3/3 answers to Brother Mace. Good answer on the last one by advisor Paul. :)

At the entrance to level 2 another appearance by Elita. More insults, but she seemed to be less abusive than usual to this team. Great reference to Aesandre: "old icy-knickers". :D
Seven things on the table in the clue-room. We're gonna need an episode just for each clue-room at this rate. ::) They took the silver rather than the green gem and the advisors wanted to take Motley's jester-staff, but Chris talked them into taking the quill/feather. :-/ They were hurried out by a haunting before they could change his mind....
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D