Series 5 - Episode 15

Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 - Episode 15

Post by Morghanna »

Yeah, i think you're right.
I think some teams counted the windows as levels and some not, but as you say, as long as their method is sensible they seemed to get away with it.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
asrl07
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 - Episode 15

Post by asrl07 »

Morghanna wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 19:44 They really had a shocker in the descender. Told to descend 7 levels, Ian told Duncan to say, "Stop!" but he reacted too slowly and also mumbled it and they kept going. Finally stopped in the wrong place.
Entered into a super-fast corridor of blades and were sliced almost immediately! 8-o
Their reaction said everything. They didn't even look that disappointed....

I agree with others who have suggested that this super-fast corridor of blades might have offered the first short-cut to level 3, had they survived it. Tough challenge tho. An excellent team would have found it difficult and i think it's fair to say that team 8 could not be described as excellent....
Possibly, but I think no team would have got through, even the best. The blade came along and sliced the dungeoneer before they even had a proper chance to take stock of where they were. They had virtually no time to call out the instruction to move right and the dungeoneer to react in time. My opinion is that it was an elimination from game punishment for not following the scroll instruction carefully enough. Those who legitimately enter the COB (i.e. it is on their correct path) have nearly 10 seconds before the first blade comes toward the dungeoneer, and even then, the first one isn't a threat to the dungeoneer.