Series 7 - Episode 15

Lord_Bob

Re: Ive realised what lord fears true profession i

Post by Lord_Bob »

It certainly wins most original theory of the month award.
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Ive realised what lord fears true profession i

Post by SrWilson3S »

*accepts ward*

Thankyou Thankyou  ;D ;D
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Pipmuk »

Can i do the last one?

Please?

Discuss!

LOL i am sad ;)
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Madmogsue »

lol. yup.
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Yep, final episode! Some great moments today - I particularly liked when the goblin fell down on the Play Your Cards Right puzzle! Also a good moment was when Barry tried to pretend his name was "Lord Fear's Top Henchman" and offer to 'guard' Romahna. Eventually they had to fool him into drinking a Freeze potion instead.

Team were let off twice in this episode! Firstly in the room with the dripping water, the life force graphic was down to the skeleton while Barry was still running around the room. They cut back to the advisers for a second, then when they cut back the life force graphic had rewound slightly! Had they stayed on the main screen for the whole time, the skeleton would have fallen and Game Over.

They were also let off in the Corridor of Blades. The lower-right blade where Barry had to get up and sidestep to the left quickly, that definitely touched him! Too close to the end of the series to be worth starting a new quest!

The Fast Backward was a good effect. "Smirkenoff looks good in reverse!" The team's win was rigged though, it wasn't a proper 'win' as such since the eye-shield changed into the Shield of Justice. Probably a last minute decision to make the team into a winning team! Did you notice that the Shield of Justice was just the eye-shield with a new paint job? ;)
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Slightly cheated death in the corridor of blades. Like the 'Monty Python' style troll hammer. ;D

Also I noted that without the adverts the final episode was only 22/3 minutes long, one of the shorter episodes.
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 21 May 2004, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

If you see the quest chamber you can see the 2nd Eye Shield/Shield of Justice in one of the force feilds.

Anyway...

Bye bye Series 7, Bye to Marta, Rohmana, Marta, Grimaldine, the Brollachan, Fidget and Greystagg.

I feel sorry for Lord Fear, that's 2 Series Finales in a row he's been crushed.

Those Blades where going pretty fast in the Corridor of Blades.

oh and bye to the Troll aswell as the one that crushed Lord Fear, that one knew, 6 words and can count to 5.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

I got the impression that Sylvester Hands was getting confused by Barry. ;D
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

There seems to be something funny about me and end of KM series- on the night before the last episode of Series 6 on Challenge, I dreamt it (albeit a warped, twisted end of series) and on the night before the start of Series 7 on Challenge, I dreamt that too. Except, in this dream, Treguard, Pickle (!) and two random advisors were in the Crystal Dome, Ed Tudor Pole era (!!) as well as two other people, one man and one woman, in suits. Then Mogdred appeared (!!!) and turned everyone red, to which Treguard manically laughed (!!!!) and then sheepishly stopped. Then Pickle looked into the camera, revealing that he's turned into Majida (!!!!!) and the credits rolled up. Downright bizarre, in my opinion!

Anyway, onto the REAL end of series 7 now. A LOT of things happened in this episode, including a goblin falling off the Play Your Cards Right ledge, and that Barry touched a different card at the end compared to Julie's team and still got through. Still, the Joker is a 'wild card' I guess. Then came the bit where Barry and Co almost, almost ran out of life force, but they noticed the dripping water just in time. After finding a stray shellphone, we saw the seemingly annual appearance of the Corridor of Blades! Barry came VERY close to some of them, but luckily missed the rather fast blades by about an inch. Both this and the dripping water do indeed look like bits where he was let off, though. Then we had Barry's classic banter with Sly Hands, along with Grippa and Rhark (alive and well!) followed by Barry choosing the troll hammer over the Shield, something I probably would have done too. After drinking the potion we had a marvellously surreal bit where Barry did his entire quest backwards (leading Derek to say 'Smirkenoff looks good in reverse', as was pointed out earlier!) before heading back to Knightmare Castle just in time. Anyone else notice Derek pointing in astonishment at the troll popping up? Still, a well deserved victory, and I'm glad they all got their trophies. Next Monday, we'll be zooming forward a year to September 1994 for the start of Series 8!
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

i have just one thing to say.....

KERSPLAT!!!

Hehe
Kupo? kupopo?!?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yeah, Barry did get away with one in the Corridor of Blades. That's yet another point that can be made in Dunstan's defence in S8.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hmmm another debate about an end of series team then? One thing I wonder about is when will Romanha learn not to get caught by Sly. So if it's the last time we see Romanha and we don't see Marta no more then what happened to them? Did Romanha get abducted by Sly for a final time? Did she go away and not come back again? Or something else. What happened to Marta? Did Lord Fear kidnap her and lock her in a cell when he changed Lissard?

So back to todays ep. Loved to bit in PYCR when the goblin fell off the block *SCREAM*. A little while later we get to witness the use of a shell phone, after the guiding confusion and alsmost fatalilty over energy restoring, which they almost missed the water. We also get the shortcut. Had they not have had or taken the shortcut where would they have ended up. I can't see why the quest would've been cut too much shorter, as they were so close to the end. I think that with CoB, the quest was made slightly longer.

Did Anyone notice Barry almost jump out of his skin again, when Brother Strange appeared for the second time? I thought that the one particular blade seemed a bit weired! It was moving as if to slice Barry, but as it went past him it was like it did but didn't touch him, if you know what I mean!

Was it me or did Barry appear to have a slight smug look in the anti chamber when/after the troll appeared? Did everone see the big gaping hole in the middle of the floor? So how did Barry end up with The shield of Justice then?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

OK Firstly, let me say this about Barry's Quest.

Barry RULES, Thats all there is to say. After viewing this quest for the first time again years, I cannot begin to express how brilliant and funny he was.
The guiding by his team were spot on, he often got into lenghty conversations with many people including Smirkenorff which was great to see and the way he was praticlly guiding himself round the dungeon without his friends was amazing especially at the start going through the dwarf tunnels and giving his team a running commentary(hilarious).

However It does seem that Barry dies a few times. Examples

The Fireball Room - Is it me or when Barry reaches the middle part of the room to pick something up, fireballs move across the room catching him???Should he not die from this, he was there for a good little while and a few fireballs definatly came across his path which I thought should kill him so were the fireballs harmless???

The Short Cut Room - If you watch carefully, Barry's lifeforce is all skeletion when he is standing pretty much next to the table, It then cuts back to the advisors and then its cuts back and he is suddenly under the running tap and a drop of water quickly drops to relieve him, Surely a big let off here.

The corridor of Blades - I'm sorry but he definatly died here, he just doesnt get up in time to move and when watched carefully, the blade clearly catches him(Anyone able to cature a screenshot???)

Obviously they were let off twice though because its the final episode and why bother putting out a new team for only 10 mins or so, it just wouldnt be worth it.

However was the Winning factor fixed as well and does it set a unfair example to the end team in Series 4, As you may or may not know, they were cruely denied victory because the season had ended but they were only 2-3 rooms from victory, I know this team were let off big time as well, but why couldnt the episode slighty overun or rooms cut out so this team also had a chance of winning. I just think after seeing Barry win and the team in Series 4 not winning, Its really unfair to the other team.

Oh Well Series 8 this coming Monday, I cant wait and then Series 1 on June 7th, I am literally druelling with excitement seeing it from the start, Its gonna be amazing
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

i think he dodged that blade even though it was close. also it was a win because they changed the story to the troll one. thye had to take the hammer or they would have died. it was meant like that for the big finale and it was good. If they'd just said get the shield and left out the troll story then it wouldn't have been such a good finale. i thought there was 16 episodes in a season not 15. oh well. i think they deserved to win as they made many laughs through their wuest. cant wait for series 8
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
hermonifus
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by hermonifus »

The Fireball Room - Is it me or when Barry reaches the middle part of the room to pick something up, fireballs move across the room catching him???Should he not die from this, he was there for a good little while and a few fireballs definatly came across his path which I thought should kill him so were the fireballs harmless???
He drank a fireproof potion just before he started to tackle the challenge so he became impervious (which is just as well really since the witch amber was particularly difficult to get to without being fried).

Anyhow, brilliant episode, brilliant team, brilliant quest. Nicely strung out, incredibly tense at times and, as if it hasn't been said enough already, pretty hilarious thanks to Barry. Really, the guy is a first class dungeoneer and his team aren't too far behind. I love the moment in one of the previous episodes where (insert name of the one to the farthest left here) starts laughing a chorus of disbelief during Barry's banter with Smirkenorff. Priceless.

Actually, the single moment that made it for me was Barry's reaction to Play Your Cards Right. Upon casting the VISOR spell, and now with the ability to see, he just says, genuinely, 'Blimey'. You got that right, mate!

And yeah, they were let off, but what the hey, it's worth it for such a quality team. Unfair to Giles and co. perhaps but that's another matter.

Roll on season 8....