The Stuff of Knightmare

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The Stuff of Knightmare

Post by JamesA »

A review of Knightmare that has recently been published online, undoubtedly worth admiring for the drawings alone! You can read it by clicking on the link below:

http://gameological.com/2012/11/the-stu ... nightmare/
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Stuff of Knightmare

Post by Canadanne »

Agreed, it's a brilliant article, especially with Hugo's input. I loved the part about 'Gatwick' - never heard that nickname before! It's also nice to see him echoing what most of us think, that the original limitations (having to blindfold the dungeoneer, etc) are actually what made the game work so well. And, wow, he always made it look so easy being Treguard, I hadn't appreciated just what a difficult job he had with all those different scenarios to memorise. (Shocked to hear about the stalkers, too!)

The comment pointing out the similarity between Knightmare and Logo made me laugh; now there's a blast from the past! ;D
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:Agreed, it's a brilliant article, especially with Hugo's input. I loved the part about 'Gatwick' - never heard that nickname before! It's also nice to see him echoing what most of us think, that the original limitations (having to blindfold the dungeoneer, etc) are actually what made the game work so well. And, wow, he always made it look so easy being Treguard, I hadn't appreciated just what a difficult job he had with all those different scenarios to memorise. (Shocked to hear about the stalkers, too!)

The comment pointing out the similarity between Knightmare and Logo made me laugh; now there's a blast from the past! ;D
My thoughts exactly! Shame Hugo had to change numbers and move as well. I didn't realise how much work Hugo had to put into the role of Treguard. For me Hugo made Knightmare a huge sucess and is one of the reasons why Knightmare is still talked about today.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
SpectralScorpion
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by SpectralScorpion »

Brilliant article, it's incredible how fascinating little tidbits like Gatwick can be. :D
SpectralScorpion (n) - One who is forever condemned to eat his words by his own brash arrogance. XD
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Jonathan Green's review of Knightmare

Post by JamesA »

Jonathan Green, an esteemed author whose works include contributions to the Fighting Fantasy and Pax Britannia series, has written his own blog review of Knightmare in time for the CITV channel repeats. You can read the review by clicking on the link below:

http://jonathangreenauthor.blogspot.co. ... tmare.html
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary