Googlewhacks

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Re: Googlewhacks

Post by FrightKnight »

Gordon Bennett...and this is supposed to be the 21st century and we still deep down hate each other.

Well, except us obviously on this board. We're just filled with love... :D ;D

Or mutual friendship, if you found the last statement nauseating.

And my Tamagotchi's batteries ran out. Never to return...although I did once have a computer pet that could dance to The Prodigy's Firestarter. No, really.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

My tamagotchi never survived past 3 days even when I was around to feed it. I reckon they gave me a diseased one.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Did you used to take care of it properly? Did you used to play with it as well as feed it? I used to hate it when I knew mine was going to die of old age. So when the batteries died the last time I didn't replace them. Istill have it stored away in a drawer somewhere. I think that they should create a new Tamagotchi, which would be a goblin one. We would have to take care it this goblin, which would be a very good thing for people like Skarkill :).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
dragon204
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dragon204 »

I used to have a cat tamagochi a giga-pet I can still hear the commercial: Dont forget your... gigaa-pet!
Nowadays I have Mopy-Fish who floats at the top of the screen of my computer.... no wait why does it say: "bring mopy to life"? Uh oh.....
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Do you get to virtual-bury-it or virtual-flush-it-down-the-toilet? ;)
dragon204
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dragon204 »

Apparently a new fish appears on the screen... I wonder what they did with the old fish?
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well I thought I took care of my tamagotchi properly but evidently I didn't, stupid Japanese instructions
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

My friend left his tamagotchi on a plane. Deliberately I suspect...

---

I once saw a TV transmission of Bob Monkhouse speaking at the Oxford University Student Union. (Bob Monkhouse was, as ever, quick-witted and eloquent.) One student asked him a question in which she referred to the 'tagamotchi' craze, and didn't realise her error. I remember how pleased I was so see an Oxford student make the kind of mistake that the average eight-year-old wouldn't have made!
Last edited by Drassil on 20 Sep 2005, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I had a tamagotchi once, but I got annoyed with it so I injected it til it when to the little electronical paradise in the sky.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Well, when it got there, I expect it met a withered old calculator of mine that was unlucky enough to get on the wrong side of me...  :-[
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Well, when it got there, I expect it met a withered old calculator of mine that was unlucky enough to get on the wrong side of me...  :-[
Aaah the mobile and computer technology. *Hunts for computer's scientific calculator* Oh I have a special calculator button on my keyboared, so I don't have to even search for it :). *starts pressing the other special buttons*
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

We'll still look back at certain parts of technology and laugh, though...like videophones and wires...

My aforementioned tamagotchi that could do 'Firestarter' could also be electrocuted and have its room flooded, only for a pirate ship to sail across with 'Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me' playing in the background. Best 5 minutes of fun I ever spent with a virtual pet.

Nothing compared to the real thing....
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

On the subject of looking back at technology (and other electrical things including appliances) my mum was saying one day recently that she would perhaps like to get a Polaroid camera (like those old ones), which I believe are still some of the best cameras. I think now that my parents wish they had never gotten rid of the one they had about 20 years ago. Some of the technology/appliances we used to havewere some of the best things. we used to have a fridgefreezer and it lasted about 30-35 years I believe, that trusty old thing. I mean how long would your average fridgefreezer last nowadays? perhaps all of about ten years. We still have an old b&w television, which I think even that's about 30 years old.

I have noticed that one of the most popular Windows other than XP is 98SE, so it proves that most of the older things are better and last longer
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Yes, my two PCs both needed to be repaired over Xmas (hence why I couldn't get on here at all often), one was 6 years old...the other was just over 2 years old.

Meanwhile, my Amiga 500+ was, after 12 in-usage years, laughing. So was my 6 1/2 year old Amiga 1200. Which is with me right now at Uni. It plays, amongst other things like Sensible World of Soccer, Knightmare.
Last edited by FrightKnight on 02 Feb 2004, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Man how I still miss my old Amiga's and those games. They were some of the best ones :'(. There are a couple I looked for but couldn't remember what they were called. I remembered who they were made by but just couldn't remember their names. I looked on Ebay for games made by the ones who made the games I'm sort of looking for but the names didn't ring a bell. I did recognise a couple of games but they weren't the ones.