A kid's TV show I can't remember the name of,,,,,

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Knight-Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

A kid's TV show I can't remember the name of,,,,,

Post by Knight-Rich »

Hi all,

With my recent re-interest in Knightmare it got me thinking about other shows which were on around the same time. I remember one TV programme I really enjoyed but have never been able to remember the name of or if it was on CBBC or CITV.

All I can remember is it was a drama which was spanned across many episodes with the story continuing each time. It followed a group of kids that somehow got caught up with these kind of portal type things which brought these evil type creatures from the past (or possible another world) into their world and they would try to find these kids and kill them. I remember one episode when these bad guys got really close to harming these kids and an axe was implanted into the front door of where they lived. I think the bad guys were dressed in black, possible an orc type creature?

I've spoke to a few friends about this and no one can remember and think it must of been something else as it sounds too violet to be on in the kids schedule. But, I sure I remember watching it and really enjoying it.

Anyone have any recollection of what i'm talking about?
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:A kid's TV show I can't remember the name of,,,,,

Post by sozboz »

sounds awesome. No idea what it is though. Does anyone remember a sort of comedy adventure program from Australia about this Australian guy and possibly some woman who was being chased across the country by evil people including a woman in black???
Malice's loyal subject
Knight-Rich
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Knight-Rich »

Last edited by Anonymous on 20 Mar 2009, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
WayneW
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by WayneW »

This looks sweet, gonna have to keep an eye out for this. Does it have a DVD release?
K-Holed
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by K-Holed »

I remember them coming round to our school to do auditions for Elidor.

I don't think I ever got round to watching it though.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I've never heard of it :-[
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

What must forum users who've had external images edited out of their posts by a Moderator within a matter of hours think when they scroll down this thread?
sozboz wrote:Does anyone remember a sort of comedy adventure program from Australia about this Australian guy and possibly some woman who was being chased across the country by evil people including a woman in black???
Home and Away? ;) Alternatively, could you be thinking of The Finder, known in Australia as Finders Keepers?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Somebody didn't pay attention to the FAQ methinks. But in the days of Broadband and faster download speeds can't that be changed? That rules been hanging since Dial-Up (56kb/sec) ran the internet
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Drassil wrote:
sozboz wrote:Does anyone remember a sort of comedy adventure program from Australia about this Australian guy and possibly some woman who was being chased across the country by evil people including a woman in black???
Home and Away? ;) Alternatively, could you be thinking of The Finder, known in Australia as Finders Keepers?
Nice try man, but I don't think it was a kids show per se, more like a daft adventure show - sort of the A Team crossed with Paul Hogan - and it must have been the 1980s because its like an earliest memory.
Malice's loyal subject