The Rise and Fall and Rise of Primeval (cue Suspicious Thoug

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The Rise and Fall and Rise of Primeval (cue Suspicious Thoug

Post by BBrooks »

If there's anybody on this forum who's a fan of Primeval, they might like to know that it will return to TV screens next year :) because it was supposedly axed a couple of month's ago.

This descision by ITV to bring it back has made me think :idea: that the whole axing of the show could have been a publicity stunt (if it was it was certainly a sucessful one).
Firstly before series 3 started Primeval was officially announced as ITV's most successful show (at that time) and just before the last episode of that series was shown ITV denied rumours of them axing the show. A few weeks later and the show was axed ??? and for 3 months ITV stuck with their descision (saying that the show would not return for another series), but now it's back and still on ITV (but it will be shown on Watch first as it 's being co-funded by UKTV). I hope you got all that as it's very confusing.
There's a few reasons I can think of for Primeval's return
1. ITV realised that they made a huge mistake by axing the show. (Likely)
2. They've taken all of the Bring Back Primeval petitions into account (Slightly Unlikely I mean look at the amount of petitions weve sent off for getting KM on DVD)
3. It was a publicity stunt (get's more Likely every time I think about it now)

This is probably me going Insane :D , but what do you think?

But one thing that is true Primeval is back YESSSSS :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Primeval (cue Suspicious Thoug

Post by Mystara »

I have always wondered why some "bring back" petitions work and others don't.

Is it just about sheer numbers? That's certainly possible, but these days, it's trivial to find out how popular a TV show is. The viewing figures must give an accurate guide as to how much backlash there'll be for cancelling a much loved TV show.

It could simply be that a producer somewhere finds a way to modify the show in such a way as to alleviate whatever concerns caused it to be cancelled in the first place.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Primeval (cue Suspicious T

Post by Drassil »

This reminds me of an old forum thread with a title that has always suggested a 1950s rock n' roll band to me.

Here is a production that links Knightmare and Primeval: a short film called Dipper. If you've watched Primeval then you'll recognise Andrew-Lee Potts easily enough; but can you spot the former Knightmare actor?
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Primeval (cue Suspicious T

Post by JamesA »

Drassil wrote:Here is a production that links Knightmare and Primeval: a short film called Dipper. If you've watched Primeval then you'll recognise Andrew-Lee Potts easily enough; but can you spot the former Knightmare actor?
He makes an appearance from 01:30, but admittedly there'd have been no way I would have recognised him until I saw his name in the end credits. Although rather appropriately, he is featuring in a short film that centres on "lootings and pillagings"....
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary