My first ever recorded song

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
LiamABC
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

My first ever recorded song

Post by LiamABC »

For those that don't know, I write songs. Last year, I recorded one for the first time. I played all the instrumental parts - guitar, bass, piano and horns - myself, all on my keyboard. My one cheat was the drums, one of the keyboard's preset rhythms, but considering I was doing everything else myself, I can be allowed that one.

The song is called the Two Ronnies Blues, and it's up on youtube.

I also sent it to Mitch Benn (who does the funny songs on The Now Show), and he liked it enough to play it on his comedy song podcast no22 (which you can still find on his website if you go to podcasts, and scroll down - and possibly click on "older podcast stuff").

I don't like my vocal performance on it, but I stand by the written article. Obviously you'll get more out of it if you're more familiar with The Two Ronnies, but it's still fun. And I am very proud of my piano solo.

I'm also currently working on another song, but what with one thing and another it may be a while before I can get it completed.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: My first ever recorded song

Post by JamesA »

I'm guessing this is the song in question? The piano parts are very reminiscent of Elvis whilst the trumpet made me think of an Etta James classic, "I Just Want To Make Love To You".

I also know what Jared Christmas is like too, having seen him on Never Mind The Buzzcocks!

All in all, a good song you've done there - I quite like it.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary