Website Upgrade

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Website Upgrade

Post by Fidjit »

A thought had occured to me which might sound interesting but not being disrespectful at the same time:

Does anybody think that knightmare.com can do with a tune up? In regard mainly to image updates (series section in particular). With image qualities getting better and technology advancing would it be an idea to change them for newer ones? Its just a little boring seeing the same things over again and if you remember what Treguard once said about the helmet, "We changed it, because the old one was getting too well known..."

And the team guides too can possibly be modified. I mean, if somebody like Eyeshield (who reviews quests in his Fanzine) could put this together, then make it a copy and paste situation to the pages.

I'm not sure updating videos would help, I am aware that there is limited space on websites but thats entirely Mystaras' decision.

Its just with the floundering visits, perhaps an upgrade could bring people back.

Just a thought, y'know... :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Website Upgrade

Post by Drassil »

http://knightmare.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 361#p39025:
Illusion wrote:I'm pleased to say that we now have someone (mystara) in the process of taking over the technical aspects of the website and looking at a re-design.

There will be no immediate changes but we will let you know when things happen. ;D
As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. (Or in Series 6's case, who are called Waite. ;))
Fidjit wrote: And the team guides too can possibly be modified.
You seem to be a leader in this field yourself, Glenn. :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

A redesign is on the way.
Content is currently being imported and the layout is being worked on.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Got any better ideas then Drassil? I'm no expert into what other people may or may not like to see. I wouldn't mind doing it myself but I need advice, not smart aleck comments thrown back at me. At least I'm trying to do something about it... Which is more than some do...
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Did I just turn over two pages at once?

Post by Mystara »

Fidjit wrote: Got any better ideas then Drassil? I'm no expert into what other people may or may not like to see. I wouldn't mind doing it myself but I need advice, not smart aleck comments thrown back at me. At least I'm trying to do something about it... Which is more than some do...

Fidjit,
Your post seems to be overly hostile for no apparent reason.

Might you care to re-read Drassil's response to your original post and perhaps refine your reply? His response not only politely responds to your question, but he seems to have gone out of his way to complement you on your own work. I fail to see how he makes any "smart aleck comments". If you have a complaint about a particular post, feel free to use the tools provided or contact me directly in the case of a moderator. Perpetuating the problem by making attacks is not the way to solve things.

And for the record:

1) I can assure you that Drassil does a great deal with respect to keeping the site/forum working well.
2) I agree with Drassil's comment that you'd do an excellent job of fixing the team guides, based on your previous work.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Okay I'm sorry Drassil, it was uncalled for :-X
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks, Alan. I appreciate your post.

Glenn: I'm shocked; but thank you for your apology. As Alan has explained, my post only aimed to do three things: to point out that work is in progress on a website upgrade, to pay you a well-deserved compliment, and to bring your good work into the limelight. Please understand that. You've been a great contributor to the forum over many years: don't spoil all that with hot-tempered replies. :) I would cast a RESTORE spell on you if I had one. ;)