When's the next site update?

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Website updated with new poll

Post by Illusion »

The website has been updated today - an e-mail has not been sent out yet due to some technical problems but hopefully that will be okay soon.

There is a new 'Visitor Poll' on the front page of the site which will change every time the site is updated. The first question is a general age group poll so we can get a good idea of the age spread of visitors to this site (e.g. are the Challenge repeats encouraging more younger visitors). Please take a few seconds to vote - you can vote only once ;).
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: Website updated with new poll

Post by Pickle123 »

will do, asap ;)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: Website updated with new poll

Post by Purgatory »

got the Email... done and done.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knews page needs updating

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

The front page mentions the knews about series 5 being shown on Challenge, but the knews page itself isn't updated.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: Knews page needs updating

Post by Illusion »

Yeah it wasn't updated as there isn't much else to say at the moment. It will be done by the next update.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

When's the next site update?

Post by Emii »

Illusion?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: When's the next site update?

Post by WhiteDevil »

Is there really anything that can be updated? He's got a load of news on here already, maybe if Illusion has some time a redesign of the site? Just to keep us on our toes  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Should be around the beginning of November with the next TES and other bits and pieces.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Cool - thanks :)

I was just wondering cos I know a lot of people submit a lot of stuff to him, not just TES and general KM knews!!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

oOo oOo oOo...beginning of November...

*fidgets all over the place in anticipation*

oOo...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Teehee.

*thinks about mentioning updating the Challenge episode times but decides mentioning it again might sound rude so does a silly little emote instead*
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hang on in there.... shouldn't be long now  :)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

Illusion

I thought u were going to put more news on knightmare at the begining of november and its now nearly the end of november and its the same since the 1st of september 03.

sort it out and fast
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, Illusion isn't really under any obligation to do anything - nor does he have to take orders from anyone he has allowed to use his forum.

I'm sure there will be an update soon - when everything's ready.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Illusion

I thought u were going to put more news on knightmare at the begining of november and its now nearly the end of november and its the same since the 1st of september 03.

sort it out and fast
I hope that's at least supposed to be lighthearted. Even if so, it's rather unfunny. As Malefact says, Illusion isn't under obligation to do anything, and certainly not to take orders from people who just decide one day they'd like to see an update. I'm sure Illusion has plenty of other things he could be doing, so even if he does say something will happen by a certain date (and especially because all his hours of work on the site are voluntary, not paid) there's absolutely no cause for making it sound like he's somehow failed.

This is the second thing like this I've read recently. People might do well to remember that the whole site and people's contributions to it, plus this forum are only here because of Illusion's hard work and his continued indulgence of us all. I'm sure there are some people who'd be tempted to just give it all up and shut up shop. I'm not saying Illusion might be of a mind to do that, but websites and forums that you think are permanent can easily disappear if the people running them tire of toiling on them. A bigger site than this I regularly visit recently disappeared overnight without warning. An attached forum where some people had postcounts infinitely higher than mine here suddenly disappeared, creating a whole community of refugees.

Of course, I'm not suggesting people go over the top with praise, but it's always nice for people's work to be appreciated, and we can definitely do without anything that even seems remotely rude. Don't want people to mistake your "joke"? Then don't say it. I don't like joining the group of people here who say that newer posters aren't as friendly as longer standing ones, but sometimes I really have been saddened by the attitude of some people of late. Different story, but it also seems that sometimes established posters are "fair game" for little attacks. For goodness sake, we all just want to have fun here.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]