Virtual Reality

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
scrum
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Virtual Reality

Post by scrum »

Anyone else remember that show that was kinda like knightmare but had a weird fish thing and was futureistic, but also had the same general premise as knightmare. i think it was called Virtual Reality.

There was also another one where people are in an elevator and with a weird phychadelic head in a screen, and they stop at various floors and complete challenges. it had more of a crystal maze flair to it, but it also had some graphics to it. I have no idea what this one was called, but if anyone remembers it, the name would be greatly appreciated.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Virtual Reality

Post by HStorm »

Hi Scrum, welcome to the forum.

I think the show you're referring to is called Virtually Impossible. You can find details of it here and there around the website.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

The name of the second show you mention is Incredible Games. I loved that show and I still have 6 episodes from the second series on video. I've done a fairly comprehensive write-up of it here: http://www.knightmare.com/tes/issue43/11.htm if you'd like to read it. :)
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
rovershagger
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by rovershagger »

Remember both of them well, they just dont seem to make kids tv like they used to, (except maybe for raven). Can remember that drak knight, pretty terrifying at the time, and i seem to remember that he always seemed to vapourise at least one contestat, very hard!!!
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

The Dark Knight is, by far and away, my favourite game on Incredible Games. The guys who made the show obviously appreciated its value as it was one of only two games that returned for the second series. It even had a Knightmare-like element, as the Dark Knight wore a VR helmet, and apparently could not see the three contestants themselves, but only the lighted squares where they had just been. In this way, he had to work out where they were on the board, and he usually managed to capture at least one of them. Yes, it was very cool when they got vapourised! A hidden gem.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays