Unintended Knightmare references in music

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Unintended Knightmare references in music

Post by djoska »

I did hear some music that exactly resembles that pad sequence used in series6+ just before the main theme kicks in!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Unintended KM References

Post by JamesA »

There is also a Ministry of Sound club DJ who goes by the name of Mark Knight:

http://www.ministryofsound.com/clubbing ... -Biography
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Right. I reckon this one here is the most obscure unintentional Knightmare reference in history. If it isn't, I don't know what is.

A while back, there was a special caption contest, which had the original Eyeshield prop as a prize. The winning caption was "Keith Richards was begining to show his age". A few days ago I was watching a Lordi DVD. Specificaly, the DVD that came with The Arockalypse Special Edition album. The one that features Lordi's live Market Square performance in Helsinki. Anyway, I was watching with the commentary on, and one of the band mentioned Bruce Kulick. (From KISS), and the possibility of involving him in ome of their songs. The camera then cut to a close up of Guitarist Amen, at which point one of the band (I cant tell their voices apart 'cause they're all speaking Finnish) immediately says "There's Bruce now. He's gotten old."

Hows that?
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Jan 2007, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The gentleman in question was in fact Keith Richards. I referred to the caption here, and even went as far as to write a Lexicon entry, here. Every media mention of him reminds me of Knightmare.

I recently became aware of an unintended Knightmare reference within Knightmare, if such a thing is possible. I discovered that a brownie, the faerie creature that Sidriss was trying to invoke during her first appearance, is known in Gaelic as a 'gruagach'. Then again, perhaps it was an intended reference, but it fascinated me either way.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Damn. I'm thinking of The Who. I've fixed it now, anyway. Thanks for pointing out that dreadful faux pas.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Not to worry. At least you didn't put his surname as Flint; that would have been a prodigious error. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare references

Post by Pooka »

MC Frontalot's song It Is Pitch Dark features the line "Adventure to Nightmare". Since it's a reference to the classic game Adventure, may he also be referring to a later fantasy game surreptitiously?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

STOP THE PRESSES

Post by sozboz »

Chris Moyles off of BBC Radio 1 has aquired Knightmare sound effects for his radio show.
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Oh? Which ones? Did it include the goblin horn? If so, can he send it to me? I never got a decent recording of it for the audio play.

(NOTE: I believe this is my 2,000th post at long last. Not an impressive hit-rate recently, given I was around 1,975 about a year ago...)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Maybe I shouldn't smoke so much crack, as I'm no longer sure if they are from Knightmare, but they did make me think of the show anyway.

on iplayer 1:06 into the Tuesday 21/10 show and 3:27 into the next morning's show if you feel the need.
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

There's a resemblance, but they don't sound like the same ones to me.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Actually one of the effects that reminded me of Knightmare is actually from a hateful money related game show and not Knightmare. The other one, the dongs and wind, was probably a generic effect but is very reminiscent of the life force clock running out death sound.

Car Park Knightmare might not be a bad idea though.
Malice's loyal subject
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare references

Post by Drassil »

DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

MIND = BLOWN
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

A bit of random searching on Youtube and I was quite impressed to unearth a track called FEAR by DJ Knightmare....
Whilst nothing to do with our own programme, I actually think the tune's pretty decent:

http://youtu.be/mAE_ger8YuM
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary