Unintended Knightmare references: pubs

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Unintended Knightmare references: pubs

Post by darkDescender »

Although this one's intentional, it's worth a mention. I haven't actualy seen it myself, but my cousin reliably informs me that she knows a group of people who regularly get together at a pub called "the Jockey" where they get drunk and chant "Knightmare"!
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Unintended KM References

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Dark Descender wrote: Although this one's intentional, it's worth a mention. I haven't actualy seen it myself, but my cousin reliably informs me that she knows a group of people who regularly get together at a pub called "the Jockey" where they get drunk and chant "Knightmare"!
Ah, The Jockey, the local of those Mancunian layabouts the Gallagher family in Channel 4's "Shameless" !!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

Well, then there's this bloke I ran into not so long ago who's the voice-double for Sylvester Hands!!!!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

And continuing to scrape the bottom of the barrel:

The Bell Inn, Market Square, Nottingham. A fine pub serving fine ales despite the minor handicap of being owned by Hardys & Hansons. One of the guest ales yesterday:

Flibbertigibbet.

I realise this is shockingly poor, but it's hard to come up with anything more...
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

In Series 4, Dickon found himself in a pub, faced with a "What did the Romans call..." question to which his team didn't know the answer. Earlier this week, I was in the same position. Granted, for me it was a pub quiz rather than a quest, but as with Dickon, not giving the correct answer didn't prevent us from achieving victory.

Tenuous, but true. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare references

Post by Skarkill »

Here's one for you.

"A Goblin Master, a Dungeon Maid & a Young but intelligent Ogre met in a bar in Wembley Park this past weekend.."

And said bar had a rather appropriate word in it's name. :D

Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare references

Post by Gretel »

Fond memories! :)
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"