Different Knightmare!

How might you change Knightmare if a new series were to be made?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Different Knightmare!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Could anyone think of a Knightmare set in todays times? If so what could it be. It could be any setting.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Different Knightmare!

Post by Malefact »

Well, Km has always been synonymous with a fantasy/Middle Age genre so redefining it in terms of modern times would be very tricky.
Subject to change.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I reckon a newer Knightmare could be set in a futuristic/matrix style.

Actually they could set it so that instead of entering dungeons and catacombes that they are actually entering a program which could form of any room at all, past or present!

Villians could be in the form of Viruses/Hackers/Enemy programmers.

However Im not sure about the quest objects! I dont think floppy discs, CDs, or DVDs make good quest objects! It needs to be something classy!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

How about an objective, rather than an object? Eradicating a big virus, for example?
Subject to change.
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jebstar »

It could deal with modern issues, like unrest in world and the dungeoneer could carry a shooter to dispense immediate justice. OK that would be like judge dread, but its a cool idea none the less.
Cant even quest!
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

How about a space based Knightmare?.  The adventures take place on the moon which is being used by some despicable types of alien/aliens to invade earth.  The said bad guys have shot some kind of weapon into our sun which has made solar activity much worse causing severe weather conditions on earth.  In space the solar activity increases radiation levels and although man kind has developed a suit capable of protecting skin and bone the eyes would still be vunerable.

Having the eyes vunerable leads to 2 possibilities, either VR or a Blindfolded missioneer guided from launch control.  Of course in space youve got up and down movement as wel as left and right to be added at the right times.  Also youve got stuff like moon buggies and space bases to be played with.  Perhaps lifeforce could be presented as oxygen levels and therefore a new tank could replace food.

As for charecters well the aliens after earth are the obvious bad guys and maybe rival aliens opposed to them could be the other charecters.  Also never hurts to have a mysterious neutral type moonwall monster thrown in.
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

that sounds like a cross between Sci-Fi and VR Troopers (that old kid program a bit like Power Rangers)... I think KM should be kept in the traditional Medieval setting...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Medieval/fantasy is the best!  :D
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

that sounds like a cross between Sci-Fi and VR Troopers (that old kid program a bit like Power Rangers)... I think KM should be kept in the traditional Medieval setting...
Yeh but the point of the thread is to think of KM in a new setting :) .  As for VR troopers, never heard of it.

Liked the computer type KM, nice Idea MPK.
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Hmm, I remember VR Troopers!  Hopefully, Knightmare will never go the same way.  Personally, I like the idea of Medieval, and wouldn't want to change it.  But the Matrix idea would be cool! ;D
Rising from the ashes once again....
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

It could deal with modern issues, like unrest in world and the dungeoneer could carry a shooter to dispense immediate justice. OK that would be like judge dread, but its a cool idea none the less.
The only trouble with having a show pivoted with modern issues is that it would go out of date very quickly indeed. Much better to have it set out of time instead.
Subject to change.
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love the space idea, it could also have levels, level 1 is the surface, level 2 is the aliens lunar base and the level 3 deep within the moons depths. Dungeoneers (well space exploreres really_ could be suspended on bungy ropes so they can get the extra jump height as though in space. Or anti-grav boots would be in order.
Problem is there would be no friendly chracters just horible aliens.
\\_//
/ 0  0l ===o------------    
\l l l l / /^    
Say hello to the martians julie and ask them if they would like a present.

Fail three times and I feed on you!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I never get tired of that joke.... I wonder what Julie was thinking when they asked her to say hello to the goblins...
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Probalbly, "Im dead now! Just as I thought I was getting somewhere with this green gem!"
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

;D :D
About the gem:
Velda: This gem is an elven stone desired by all the denisens of the dungeons and catabombs beond....

I guess that its not 'desired by all the denizens of the dungeons....' Then again the goblins may have thought: Hey why help that blind defenceless dungeneer when you can steal the gem and get some meat on the side