Knightmare VR?  I don't like the concept!

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare VR?  I don't like the concept!

Post by Malefact »

Good, good. :)

There is nothing more destructive than a closed mind, after all.
Subject to change.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Very true, on a webcomic I read then the formula of the comic has had a complete shift after its firsts year, some people were very negative about it ages before the second season began and the author was taking a big risk. It's now only a week into it and several of the negative people, including a good friend of mine, have stopped reading without giving it a fair chance because they convinced themselves it was awful. so do not allow yourself to have negative opinions on it before it has come out as it increases the chances of you disliking it
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

There'll be no helmet in the new versions!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

And Motley wind the coverted.

"Stateing The Bloomin Obvious Award."  ;D ;D

Although you never know maby the person who is playing the avatar of te dungeoneer will need to ware a VR Helmet so as to see the Dungeon.

They could always make that look likr The Helmet Of Justice.
Last edited by Skarkill on 19 Jan 2004, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

We'll just have to wait and see the new one fully, when does it begin...

Maybe some of us could apply!  ;D But I guess we'd have to pay the travelling expenses...
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Well if they are going to ask fot teams again like in the old version, ten I'd be up for it.

What you say Motley you and me and some other forum members.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Why not?!

If Snowwie's willing to (and if we can pay for her travel) she can be the dungeoneer...

A rabbit bounces along...

Rabbit: I have a riddle for you...!

Snowwie: Oh, a cute widdle rabbit

(Gives it a squeezy hug)  ;D

Just joking Snowwie
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Something tells me most of you will be too old to apply when the chance comes, hehe. I'm not quite sure why people so desperately want to hang onto the old Helmet of Justice in the Knew Knightmare, since it has no real purpose. I really think we shouldn't push for things in the new version just because we liked them in the old one, when they'd serve no real purpose or need a huge amount of time-consuming explanation this time.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

True but there is no garuntey that the age limited will stay the same.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Certainly true, Skarkill. In fact there's every likelihood that the upper age limit will be raised to early middle age (meaning even I'd qualify  -  just), as most of the prospective contestants would be from the established audience. And the established audience is mostly in its twenties now.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Hmm, things may change, but from what Tim Child has said here, I'd suggest they do intend the new KM for the younger market. However, the complement to that for the older viewier, TimeGate, seems to have disappeared from mention, and if that's a sign it's not going to happen for whatever reason, perhaps indeed the new KM age-range will change. If, however, the reason TG isn't surfacing is because they can't find a backer to support such a show for us oldies, it's less likely they'd just change the target audience of the new KM to fit it. While the old KM was popular, I don't know how convincing the argument would be that now 20somethings (yes, I know that doesn't fit everyone) who watched the show as children would watch something similar as adults.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Isn't it Timegate that Challenge and Televirtual are supposed to be producing together or something completely different? There hasn't been nothing mentioned since they first mentioned something about it even though they said to stay tuned for more info.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Isn't it Timegate that Challenge and Televirtual are supposed to be producing together or something completely different? There hasn't been nothing mentioned since they first mentioned something about it even though they said to stay tuned for more info.
They've indeed not mentioned anything. I don't think it was ever said that it was TimeGate they were collaborating on. Challenge just said they were working with/talking to Televirtual about a project, I really don't remember any name or further details being given.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I don't think that Challenge mentioned a name but if I can remember they said it would be a similar sort of thing to Knightmare and Televirtual have only two major projects (correct me if I'm wrong) that they are working on, which is KM VR and Timegate. My guess is that if Challenge are working/talking with Televirtual on one of them, it's going to more then likely be Timegate. That's just a guess and what I believe though!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, yes, although we don't know for certain Televirtual aren't working on something else. However, if they did have a whole new project in the works, you'd think they'd have announced it in their news section or something, unless it's not yet far enough advanced to be worthy of "news" status, or they and/or Challenge decided to keep it quiet.

Hard to say, really.