Will Hugo Myatt be back

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Gwion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Will Hugo Myatt be back

Post by Gwion »

The Knightmare VR development site shows a picture of a digital Treguard.

I assume this means he must have come in to do the 3D scanning thingy(?) and hopefully he will be doing the voice over for the treguard character too, cool! 8)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Will Hugo Myatt be back

Post by Emii »

Well, they could also have used photos or something, I suppose? It WAS said that it would be nice if Hugo Myatt returned as Treguard but there is nothing concrete as of yet...at least, to my knowledge.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Tim Child has said that he would like to see him reprise his role as Treguard (as would all of us, I imagine!)

I have GRAVE reservations about having a VR Treguard, though. Treguard and his antechamber (along with the advisors) should be real. How else could the audience distinguish between Reality (the antechamber and its contents) and Illusion (the dungeon)?

Plus, a real-life host would be far more effective in bridging the gap between the show and the audience. I am sure that a VR host would alienate the audience.

Granted, VR would allow Hugo to look exactly as he did back in the 80s. However, there is really no need for that, imo. It may even prove to be destructive - detractors may accuse Km of trying to hide in the past, of trying to recapture and reinvent past glories. It would be FAR better to have an older, wiser, REAL Treguard. The show may not be able to proceed properly otherwise.

beveryafraid: if you're reading this, please don't think I'm pestering or having a go - this is something that genuinely concerns me and I want nothing but the very best for the show and all concerned.
Subject to change.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Hugo should definately be brought back as a real dungeonmaster, not a computer image. It just wouldn't be the same otherwise.

And if Mark Knight could be persuaded to come back and reprise his role as Lord Fear, then he should be 'real' too - after all, Lord Fear's home is not in the dungeons!
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Hugo should definately be brought back as a real dungeonmaster, not a computer image. It just wouldn't be the same otherwise.

And if Mark Knight could be persuaded to come back and reprise his role as Lord Fear, then he should be 'real' too - after all, Lord Fear's home is not in the dungeons!
Agreed, although personally I think that any person who interacts with the dungeoneers should be played by an actor/actress
Rising from the ashes once again....
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

I think Fear and Tregaurd should definately be played by their old Counterparts...

Fear Vs. Tregaurd Part 5 would be good  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

i'm not sure.

lord fear was more actively involved with dungeon proceedings the treguard was so having a VR LF would make sense to me. but i agree that i'd quite like to see a real life treguard back ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Knightmare woulnt be as exiting with out  a real Treguard and a real Lord Fear....
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I think that all the characters should be real-life actors. It wouldn't have the same feel to it otherwise - you'd just look at a character and think, "hmmm, that's a bit of virtual reality"... it just wouldn't work...

...Oh, what am I doing? I'm just being overly cynical again. Meh.  :(
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

*cough* Km Demonstrator *cough*  ;)
Subject to change.
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

Mark Knight has said in an interview that he'd reprise his role as Lord Fear "in a heartbeat". But Hugo Myatt has said in another interview that he may not come back - he views himself as "too old, too fat".
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think that's why an avatar Hugo Myatt has been created.

However, I think he said that about a year ago. The interview he gave on Challenge shows him to be thinner.

Then again, I don't think it matters what he looks like. He did a superb job in the first 8 series and there is no reason why he cannot do the same for future series. I don't think age matters, either. After all, how old was Alec Guiness when he appeared in Star Wars as a Jedi knight? What about Sean Connery's recent films? He's now pushing 70 and is still going strong.

Besides, it might do the show good to have an older, wiser Treguard. If nothing else, it would be subconsciously symbolic of the evolution of the show.

Oh, and if he doesn't come back we shall all go on strike! :D
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yeah I second that! Hugo or bust! LOL!
Erm...what exactly will we stop doing to cause the strike?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'm sure we could think of something. Hopefully, though, we won't have to. :)
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

True true...