Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Ed Tudor Pole recently appeared in the Henry VIII drama on ITV, so it's an unfortunate coincidence if he IS dead, as it must have been since this topic started up! And in fact, I've always thought ETP was a dead ringer for Patrick Troughton.
Yes, he's very much alive, as we finally managed to persuade everyone. He's actually got several acting credits to his name, so I might not be wholly accurate when I've said he was a talentless piece of slime not fit to be stuck to the bottom of Richard O'Brien's shoe.

Well, I don't know. I guess I've just said that he's pretty awful as a presenter. He does put on a bit of a persona for TCM, and I'd say it is at least partially convincing, so yes, maybe there's acting talent there. I just still think it was completely the wrong persona since it made him appear so damn annoying and me want to whack him repeatedly over the head with the shoe he'd become removed from.

I don't really think he looks like Patrick Troughton, but I'm no real judge since I try to avoid watching the old cosmic handshaker wherever I possibly can.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

He's actually got several acting credits to his name, so I might not be wholly accurate when I've said he was a talentless piece of slime not fit to be stuck to the bottom of Richard O'Brien's shoe.
Having listened to him (attempt to) play Riff-Raff on the Rocky Horror Show - The Whole Gory Story CD, I can assure you that you are indeed accurate. And My Lord Ritz's motorbike boots are far too funky to be befouled with such slime!
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Oh, but Treguard giving cosmic handshakes and signing off with something like "...Ah, but just keep telling yourself it's all an Illusion really. Anyway, Keep on Rockin'!" would be funny for all of about 10 minutes.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Thats were Pat would be best in my oppinion the signing off bit.

As long as he did it in the same style as he did when he was makeing his Doctor mysterious. It would be brill.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The best bit with Ed Tudor Pole would be him riding into the castle every episode on Bert The Imaginary Horse, who he used to talk to in TCM (since no actor could be paid enough to do so, even Auntie Sabrina).

(Sorry, I rolled a 2 again.)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

He'd also fight that imaginary guy/ghost (can't remember his name) wouldn't he, which he used to fight in the Medieval Zone. GG or anyone do you remember his name? because I can't!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

He'd also fight that imaginary guy/ghost (can't remember his name) wouldn't he, which he used to fight in the Medieval Zone. GG or anyone do you remember his name? because I can't!
Oh yes, I know what you mean. Gosh, Medieval Zone really was where his delusional fantasies set in. Probably best not put him in a medieval dungeon antechamber or he'd make a complete and utter fool of himself. Oh well, what the hell....
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I really can't remember the name of the ghost. I seem to vaguely remember him talking about the ghost of Dennis McTudor, or something, but why he'd be fighting one of his own dead relatives would be a bit of a mystery, unless that was the relative who originally had the idea for "Ten Pole Tudor", in which case, as the old joke goes, he'd deserve to face the swords of a thousand men, rather than just his cosmic handshaking idiot of a descendant.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 16 Jan 2004, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

The Ghost's name is

Dennis McTudor-Pole.

He suposadly built the castal that Medival zone is based in.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Oh gosh, I'm rather proud of my memory on that one, in that case. :D
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Well, I'd like Hugo back again, but if not, then how about Alan Rickman, or they could go for something completely different, like an American/Canadian like Donald Sutherland.  I think he'd make a brilliant Dungeon Master. ;D
Rising from the ashes once again....
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Alan Rickman? You don't seriously think they'd be able to afford him do you?
Last edited by HStorm on 23 Jan 2004, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Or Donald Sutherland for that matter!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Reason For Choosing Edward Tudor Pole #4328: He's Cheap!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Still overpriced though.

ETP, the gameshow equivalent of Woolworth's. Used to be cheap and nasty, but don't be fooled, he gave up being cheap years ago.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.