Re:Wall Aid 11

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Wall Aid 11

Post by Pooka »

http://pooka.ezri.mine.nu/wallaid/

Go here and download the Knightmare Community's tribute to the Wall Monsters! A Christmas treat for one and wall.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

It sounds great! It came out better than I though it would! :o

A great effort everyone who worked on it! I think you all did a really great job! Especially Pooka who put it all together, and Drassil who wrote it!

I hope you all enjoy listening to it, as much as we did recording it!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Download it. It's hilarious and fantastic, deserves to be the Christmas Number One!
Whereever you go, there you are
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

For a completely online song which was individually recorded seperately it isn't too bad.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Darren
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Darren »

Nobody else has replied to this :o

I thought wall aid would have been more popular than this
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Me too. I'm really disappointed that only a few KM chat regulars have bothered to reply. Obviously that's better than none at all, and nowhere in the thread did it specifically ask for comments, but out of 805 members, I was expecting more than 3 to comment.

If 802 members don't give a talisman, then what's the point in doing another?
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

We've had this already in chat...

Can I just say that this wonderful song was not written nor recorded simply to obtain comments from forum members?

The feedback in chat has been fantastic, and the most fun in a while.
Even if only 3 members reply, why not just do it for those three, who enjoyed it and believe it should continue?
And for the walls, don't forget to feed the walls! ;D
Edit: Oops, forgot to thank those who recorded for letting us know it was Questmess time!
Last edited by Becxsmagic on 30 Dec 2005, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Lewis
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Lewis »

I also liked Wall Aid 11. :)
Sidestep to the left!
No! The RIGHT!
Fury
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Fury »

Well, finally got around to downloading it, and it certainly entertained me. Especially the ending. :)

Congratulations to all involved. Should we expect a Eurovision entry next? ;)
Dungeons don't kill people; advisors do.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Fantastic idea!!! Someone (I think it was Drassil) wrote "Making your mind up" changing it to "Filling your knapsack" which would be fun to sing for real. Imagine the music video though *shudders*
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

*pop's in her head after being away for months and months... and a few more months...*

just came across the Wall Aid II.... fantastic guys... nearly peed myself laughing. i'm all for you doing another song, hell i'd even like to join in.

A Great Effort Guys, keep up the good work!

Mog x
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Recently, a few of us have been discussing the possibility of recording another song parody. If you're interested in being involved, and/or have any suggestions about which lyrics from the song parody thread we could attempt, feel free to contact Darren or to post here.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Discussing it in chat tonight, an idea that's gone down well is an adaption of Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day', based on the 1997 Children in Need cover with all the different artists. Could be about discussing perfect quests or something, moving onto awful quests as the song goes on.

For the B-side, as Wall Aid had Christmas messages, it could be a comedy interview with the participants.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Yep, we're thinking of doing A Perfect Day. Of course, it's not set in stone; it could be anything, so if anyone has any ideas, it'd be fine to discuss them.

We probably won't be recording this under the band name of 'Wall Aid 11', but it should be the same sort of group of people. If you'd like to take part, as David said, get into contact with Darren or post. Also, we need ideas for a new band name, as well!

Wall Aid 11 is still here - I'm going to be producing whatever we do next in a similar way, including sampling from KM itself, so this should give you a fairly clear idea of what to expect.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Perfect Quest

Post by Drassil »

A few of us were discussing the project last night, and the following ideas (not concrete decisions, just ideas) emerged:

I have an idea for structuring for the lyrics which involves quest by quest references, e.g.

Such a perfect quest,
Drank poison-turned-opposite,
Then there was a Merlin bit,
He cast HOME...

Which parodies the opening of Perfect Day. Pooka has a different idea, and has written some lines to illustrate it (which he can post himself). It may be possible to combine both.

Once we have enough ideas for a full set of lyrics, we're hoping that there'll be scope for including both KM character impersonations and own-voice singing, depending on what people prefer. Either way, the aim is to make the planning clear and open throughout for everyone involved, which is why I'm posting this summary here.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.