Fan art: "2012"

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fan art: "2012"

Post by Mystara »

Certainly this guy should be very wary.

Didn't Tim Child initiate legal action against someone on IMDB for doing something similar?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Reminds me of this thread...
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

Drassil wrote:
Insider wrote:This work was never meant to trick or deceive
And yet a number of us were misled. It's understandable that you would want an air of mystery accompanying your work, but you could at least have messaged the forum Admins and/or Moderators to let them know what was really going on - especially once three had noted their interest and one of those three had politely asked you to provide details, only to be ignored. I admire your artwork but really feel that you could have gone about this better. In my opinion, you shouldn't have waited for the 'game' to be 'up' because there needn't have been a game in the first place. After all, we're a community of fans, not an audience of children at a magic show. :)

I notice that you put a video on YouTube in which you claim that your first piece 'appeared on the CITV website in June 2011'. If you know that to be untrue, are you not deceiving people by saying it?

wow, tough crowd. ::)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Neil, I don't know whether that remark is directed solely at me, but if so: contrary to being a tough crowd, within my posts I've been as sincerely complimentary of your work as any other poster in this thread. You are free to ignore our questions and concerns but please don't be impolite. It isn't necessary.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Uhm, I don't think Neil was being particularly impolite here - you made, essentially, a speech, outlining the views on the subject, which begged for an answer to it. Neil's answer was a short, jocular remark. It may not exactly have been what you wanted, but I don't think we can really class it as rude.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.