Knightmare DVD Case

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
AcidSkies
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare DVD Case

Post by AcidSkies »

Alan very kindly posted my DVD cover on the main page, I would love to get some feedback guys!

http://www.knightmare.com/fan-stuff/mis ... oject.html

Alex
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare DVD Case

Post by Pooka »

Very nice.

There's one grammatical error on the back cover; "since it's debut..." doesn't need an apostrophe. "since its debut..." would be the correct way of doing it.

Design-wise it's fantastic; very eye-catching front cover, and the summary on the back cover gives a comprehensive idea of the whole thing without being too off-putting (or having too many spoilers).

I'd buy it.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
AcidSkies
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by AcidSkies »

Oh yeah, I always miss that one! The original cover had a lot more images but wasn't happy with the resolutions, but the simple logo on it's own was more effective anyway! David Rowe was kind enough to give me a scan for the back to make it look more professional!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Also, if the DVD project takes off, we'll know where to go... ;)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Very nice design - if only such a DVD collection was available in the shops! (The special features sound brilliant, I so wish I could watch them.) One small suggestion: if it was ever used for a real box set containing all 8 series, you might want to change the description on the back slightly, to make it less specific to the early years. (At the moment it only mentions the 1980s and hand-painted rooms, with screenshots of those. Perhaps it could show one hand-painted room, one real castle location, and one CGI puzzle like Play Your Cards Right, to better illustrate the different styles used?) Great job though, it's a fine thing to behold!
AcidSkies
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by AcidSkies »

Yeah, I was being a little greedy there, I personally didnt really like the show after season 3, I thought the true magic of the show was in the hand painted rooms, obviously a real cover would have to be a lot more balanced and mention aspects of the later seasons. Thanks for your feedback and criticisms guys, it's very helpful!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Fantastic. The front cover would easily be eye-catching to anyone with the logo on a traditional black background, and I very much like the details contained within the back as well.

Well done Alex.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
seenoevil

Post by seenoevil »

Hi all, I rustled up this DVD cover just for myself, but thought I'd post it here for everyone else, nothing special, just a quick job. There are two versions, a standard 14mm spine which could be adapted/tailored for each of the 8 series' and there is also a 38mm spine version which would suit a standard 12-way DVD case, and which JUST fits on a piece of A4 paper, it's 297mm wide (the same as a piece of A4) so needs a borderless-printing-capable printer, otherwise it would come out too short. They're roughly based on Alan's design, but I've just kept the back plain for the most part and added some of my own touches. You can find a ZIP file linked below with high-res versions of both covers.

Knightmare Complete Collection DVD Artwork - 38mm Spine DVD Cover (7016px by 4352px - 600dpi)

Knightmare Complete Collection DVD Artwork - 14mm Spine DVD Cover (6462px by 4352px - 600dpi)

Knightmare_Complete_Collection_DVD_Covers-SeeNoEvil.zip
johnw2738
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by johnw2738 »

Thanks a lot i was searching to buy this case :)
UnclePobatti
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by UnclePobatti »

While the covers I've seen in this thread are really sleek and of fantastic quality, I'm having difficulty figuring out what they are intended for. Are these the proposed designs for the legal DVD release that the front page mentions, or merely for us to print out and use for our own private DVDs that we have made?

One thing I'd suggest to begin with is that you remove the BBFC logos from the covers until the DVDs are officially classified by the BBFC. I'm not entirely sure but I believe it's illegal to use those logos without the consent of the BBFC. That's yet another legal minefield that will have to be navigated if these covers end up being used by the pirates who're selling copies online, especially if the artwork gets traced back to here.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

As far as this site is concerned, these images are nothing more than fan art. Should Knightmare ever be released on DVD, we might look to these designs in considering a cover.

If other people use the images without the permission of the copyright holder(s), they would be in breach of copyright. Certainly, neither the site nor the original authors can be held responsible for people illegally using these images.
johnw2738
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by johnw2738 »

Thanks a lot for posting this up, i just love the color and Quality seems very good too