Knightmare Audio Series: 2012 Summer Special

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: 2012 Summer Special

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Just to let you know that a Summer Special (written by Jake Collins) will be released on the 12th of July. :)
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Audio Series

Post by shadow6162 »

Waaah I can't wait that long! :'( (...alright yes I can XD)
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

The Summer Special of the Knightmare Audio Series is now available at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com/. Enjoy! :D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I can't get it to download. :(
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Funny. I can download it just fine :-/ . I can't wait to listen to it ;D
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Umm...I've just found something. It seems that Callum gives his name twice and Zac doesn't at all ;D
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

"I don't want to wear girls' jewellery!"
"But you'll wear girls' hair, won't you?"
;D ;D ;D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

OK, it worked after several attempts... stupid Mediafire.

Thanks for putting another episode together, guys! As in the Christmas special, I particularly enjoyed your fine impressions of Ah Wok and Julius Scaramonger. :)
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

shadow6162 wrote:Umm...I've just found something. It seems that Callum gives his name twice and Zac doesn't at all ;D
Amy - listen to it again - all three advisors definitely introduce themselves. Maybe the confusion comes from Cameron and Callum sharing the same surname and because their first names sound quite similar... and because the voices are fairly similar. :)

Glad you both liked it though!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

Oh...oops, I think you're right ;D
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: 2012 Summer Special

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 6 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Specials 1, Episode 2
Original Release Date: 12th July 2012
Throwback Review Date: 30th March 2016
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: Thank goodness the deepening effect is no longer on Treguard's voice! As this is my own vision of later Knightmare gameplay in audio form (very much inspired by Rosey's vision from the previous special) I find it very satisfying to listen to. As a reworking of Knightmare's fifth and sixth series in particular, I feel it comes off extremely well, with lots of characters, scenes and situations pleasingly parodied and nicely spun.

I especially like the whole situation with Gwendoline and Sylvester Hands as a spin on a particular quest set-up from the real show. Liam's exchanges with Sylvester Hands and Julius Scaramonger are two of my all-time favourite scenes. I'm very pleased with Merlin's pedlar trick, including a nice spin on Mercury's slipper from the real show in the shape of Morpheus's sand-timer.

I love the sound of the team (probably because they are some of my favourite voices from the first series chosen specially for this episode) and I'm particularity glad that Luke Thompson finally gets his chance to shine in the lead role of Liam, to which he brings buckets of youthful vigour and spunk. I was very fond of the four guys from real life that this team is based on (including Liam with his cascade of blond hair) and this episode always reminds me of them.

The Bad: The script is really a bit too ambitious for its own good in places – some of the lines for the team members are not very suitable for a cold reading and were bound to come out a bit weird. For example, Liam's comment in Winteria “That must be why it's so cold all of a sudden” is supposed to be sarcastic (as obviously he can't feel the cold himself!) and I worry that it doesn't quite come across that way – it needed a little bit of contextualising.

At the end of the headless Sidriss scene, I should have said “I strongly suggest that you get him moving” to follow on from the first part of the sentence. My Oakley voice is even worse than before – it needs to be much deeper – although I do like the way in which I repeated the final question. Perhaps Cameron shouldn't have recognised the frightknight flag if he didn't realise that the symbol above the Descender door was a frightknight too.

Conclusion: I wouldn't claim that this episode is anywhere near perfect, but personally I absolutely love it!