Late Night with Lord Fear

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Late Night with Lord Fear

Post by Mystara »

Thanks very much for everyone who came along to Late Night with Lord Fear. It was fun for Lord Fear, at least, despite all the technical difficulties that we had.

We are looking into making Late Night a more regular occurrence. A full show would include pre-recorded and scripted material as well as interviews with actual guests (we have one or two possibilities lined up already). By and large, this evening was basically a more extended test to see if the format could be made to work with a live audience and although there are some technical problems to sort out (and some things that we're going to fiddle with to gloss it up a bit), we reckon that it can be done and that something cool can be produced.

So, we're looking to see if anyone would be interested in working as a writer for the show to write pre-written and pre-recorded material relating to Knightmare for Lord Fear.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Late Night with Lord Fear

Post by HStorm »

I might be up for writing a few odds 'n' sods.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I could try.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I'm sorry I missed it. I'd like to volunteer as a writer for this too. I've enjoyed scripting Lord Fear in the past (example).
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, the link for the series is http://www.j.mp/lordfearisback.

Is the name set in stone? If not, I'd like to put forward a couple of suggestions:

Late Knight with Lord Fear - a nod to Knightmare's wordplay and to the man behind the technosorcerer

Fright Knight with Lord Fear

Might Mark Knight's other characters put in appearances too? I like the idea of Sir Hugh and Rothberry having agony uncle segments.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I quite like Fright Knight with Lord Fear
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Late Knight with Lord Fear
I actually considered this spelling. I can't remember why I didn't go for it. I suspect I may have just forgotten.
Fright Knight with Lord Fear
This is less likely. We really don't want the material to be too Knightmare specific otherwise it just rules out a huge chunk of potential audience.

And to be clear, no matter how simple you think it is - that's not simple enough. Most people's Knightmare knowledge extends as far as knowing there was a helmet, some blades, some faces coming out of walls, a dungeon, some kind of jester and a dungeon master.

We're far more keen to play up the chat show aspect.
Might Mark Knight's other characters put in appearances too? I like the idea of Sir Hugh and Rothberry having agony uncle segments.
At the convention? No.
In the ongoing show? Definitely, yes.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

So remind me of the format of this show - is it simply LF fielding previously unheard questions from the audience? Or would some of the Qs be planted with a scripted response?

To what extent would guest interviews be scripted? Would LF be interviewing characters from the KM universe or people from 'our' world?

As for the pre recorded stuff, would these be LF monologues to camera or 'sketches' involving other characters?

Or is this just a big blank canvas at the moment?

And why aren't I in bed yet?
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

HobGoblin wrote:So remind me of the format of this show - is it simply LF fielding previously unheard questions from the audience? Or would some of the Qs be planted with a scripted response?
The former
To what extent would guest interviews be scripted?
Probably not at all. It's likely that the interview would be moderately long and then cut to include the good bits.
Would LF be interviewing characters from the KM universe or people from 'our' world?
Either
As for the pre recorded stuff, would these be LF monologues to camera or 'sketches' involving other characters?
Again, either. But we're not looking to create a funny Knightmare sketch. It would just be over the heads of too many people.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The private forum for Late Night with Lord Fear is up.

If you're interested in writing, please contact me.