Bring Knightmare To The US

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Bring Knightmare To The US

Post by zzt »

I know, I know... Don't get me started on the PAL conversion stuff and the formatting and all... But still, wouldn't it be nice if we folks across the pond could see the full versions of this show? I'd think so, at least...
That zzt is an american!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Bring Knightmare To The US

Post by MoanaLiza »

I couldn't agree more. There was a US version made, but it wasn't very popular. I don't know if it was the same as the UK version but if I'm right it had some of the UK actors in it but not Hugo Myatt (Treguard).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I agree too. It would be so awesome if Knightmare was brought to Finland too :) *dreams of Knightmare*
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The US version was called Lords Of The Game, and only the pilot episode of it was ever made. It wasn't unpopular in the usual sense, it was just the US networks, ever terrified of the idea of Chromakey television, decided against commissioning a full series.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Well, you know, us lot campaigned for long enough and we've got the RPG, we've got the reruns on Challenge, we've got a new series being prodded, and we have one of the nicest and best fansites I;ve ever come across.

What's the harm in trying over there? This place started with a select few back in the day, now see what it's grown to! You never know till you try, and I;m sure we'd be willing to help.

Evere thought of setting up a KM fansite based in America, zzt?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by zzt »

Me? Oh, no... I couldn't handle setting up the first few seasons or anything, what with the lifeforce and all... x_x

That, and I have no clue how to make a webpage. I make games, not build webpages!
That zzt is an american!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

What if you've got a friend who'd be willing to help?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by zzt »

Who, you? :p

Sad to say, but I don't really have any friends over here across the pond... :( I've been harassed ever since the 2nd grade, and it's a terrible thing.
That zzt is an american!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Same here :'(, I was bullied (mainly mentally and sometimes physically) at school where I used to get called names and kids just generally didn't like me. Most of the ones that did hang around with me just used me. There was a few times where I took money for break and I had it knicked or I had kids borrow stuff and then they'd say either that they never borrowed it or they didn't have it anymore or they'd say that it was theirs. Sometimes I had money and kids would say that they needed to borrow some money such as a pound, which they'd give back to me, which was all I had, but I never got it back if I lent it to them. I stopped taking money so that then I wasn't lying if I said that I didn't have it.

Don't worry we're your friends now.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yeah - you need us, we're here. Most of us have been bullied at some point and those that haven't don't look down on others who have. Despite the size of this place its pretty damn close knit. Don't you worry, chicken.
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by zzt »

Well, I'm not actually completely friendless. In the online world, I'm somewhat reckoned as a nice guy by people I know, particularly on the GameFAQs message boards, heh heh.

The friendlessness part only applies to real life... :-\
That zzt is an american!
Moonlight
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moonlight »

Aw, just cause everyone here's on the other end of a computer makes them no less real. If they make feel cheery (and the guys round here generally seem to!) then they're just as valid friends as people you've met.

I know the internet can be dangerous but it's also great to see what a positive thing it can also be... Knowing there's other people out there who understand you can mean so much.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Yes don't let the horror stories about the internet put you off.

True there are some dangers but this site is safe and the people on it.

Including me although I put on an act are nice and freindly, we are extremly close knit as Emii said.

I'm also a former victim of bullies but just try and remember that there the ones who have the problem not you.

As Moonlight said just because we are seperated and can't actualy pyiscaly see you dosen't make us any less real or any less of a freind.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Mmm hmm - and if you're closest friend are on the other end of a cable, and they're closer than the friends in real life, then that must account for something!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

*hugs everyone* It would be a shame if we hadnt met each other. With the distance and all... the nets a really great invention.
I'm really shy and my voice is quiet so I dont have many friends accept for my relatives, and only my cousins are as close as you guys :)
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!