INTERACTIVE STORY #2

Games to amuse and entertain.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: INTERACTIVE STORY #2

Post by Malefact »

Like a bubble rising up to meet the air, Hordriss, safely encased within his shield, floated back into the Dungeon. It still continued to phase back and forth through various probabilities but this particular area seemed more stable. Occasionally, it looked like Treguard's antechamber. No-one resided in it, though. Hordriss knew what he had to do and where he had to go.

[I need to go and re-read the original book for details. Watch this space! :)]
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Suddenly there was a distant noise that sounded very much like "crump" from the depths of the dungeon floor. Something had very obviously exploded.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

From within his shield Hordriss looked down, the floor occasionally disappeared to show a bomb room, with the shifting and phasing then the bomb was fully lit, exploding and nothing in short succession. Hordriss stared in amazement for a few second but that was all he would allow himself, he had a task to do and he continued towards it. He carried on a bit through various rooms, the corridor of blades was remarkable, blades shifting this way and that, frozen blades, nothing and then hundreds of blades all at once. Thankfully Hordriss was safe within his shield as he carried on
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

[It's great to see this thread rejuvinated! :)]

Fear was reciting the incantation as fast as he could. Beads of cold sweat clung to his forehead. Lissard, Sylvester Hands, Raptor, the Miremen and the goblins had long since left but he hadn't noticed, such was the ferocity of his concentration. The forcefield began to form around him as the tower collapsed. With a huge resounding crash that seemed to last forever, followed by the sinister crawl of a large cloud of dust, it was gone. Fear had also disappeared, having safely segregated himself from this phase of the Dungeon. There was just one survivor - a large canine creature with two heads.

The Gruagach slid the last of the tiles into place. The hole in causality caused by Fear's meddling with the past was exactly what he needed to turn the tables. He shrieked with delight.
Subject to change.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Hordriss felt the dungeon lurch and clatter, something had just gone horribly wrong. Marblehead had collapsed. He could see all kinds of creature fleeing in many directions, unaware that there was nowhere to run.
  In Treguard's anti-chamber the dungeon master had felt a shake, he realised at last that something was not right, he looked around, Pickle, Majida and Kully were still their waiting impatiently for the next dungeoneer. Then without warning came a massive lurch which knocked them all over and sent various objects in the chamber crashing to the floor. "What ees that tregaurd?" Majida asked getting to her feet.
      "This is most uncomfortable master, if you ask me..." Pickle began but was interupted as the next lurch threw him into the wall.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Treguard watched in horror as Pickle, Majida and Kully vanished for the last time.
"Time makes fools of us all," came the fiendish voice of the Gruagach in Treguard's ears. He stood frozen with fear at the realisation of what was happening.
"Unless, of course, it is on your side," he cackled.

Treguard vanished. A final convulsion gripped the Dungeon. Then there was silence. And then the hideous sound of the Gruagach's laughter started to rattle around the barren antechambers, halls and caverns.

Unknown to the Gruagach, however, there remained some survivors - a wizened Mage, a spiteful sorceror and a large, two-headed dog with a bad temper and an enormous appetite.
Last edited by Malefact on 06 Dec 2003, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

The few survivors surveyed the wreckage of their once proud dungeon home, the dog barked and growled which only fetched down more rubble from the ceiling, its master was nowhere to be found, neither was Mrs G his beloved mistress and no owners meant no bones. The Mage watched from within his shield as the dungeon came to a halt, it was almost completely destroyed. Treguard's anti chamber was visible from the Block and Tackle due to a newly made hole in the ceiling, it was clear Treguard and his helpers were gone.
  The Spiteful sorceror surveyed the ruins of his liar, Marblehead and Goth were wrecked and Lissard, Raptor and Sly hand disappeared with the final lurch. His armies of miremen and goblins had fled long before and he appeared to be on his own. As useless as his minions were then he could've used them right now.
 The Gruagach was satisfied with its victory, it surveyed its dungeon which it had finally reclaimed after so many years of waiting. It was so pleased it let out another hideous cackle and caused more laughter which rang out throughout the whole dungeon, striking fear into the survivors
Last edited by Lord_Bob on 07 Dec 2003, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Now, fear was something which rarely struck the canine - it was normally bones or goblin limbs being thrown at him across the room - and the incredulous terror that jabbed him now had an unusual effect. A shuddering, a spluttering, a retching - and an undigested but messy Mally-bou came spiralling out of each of his mouths. They rotated in the grimy air, absorbing the carnage around them with whatever arcane senses they possessed; and if the canine's acute hearing hadn't been dulled by the cacophony of plummeting masonry, he might just have heard the Mally-bous quietly and calmly intoning, "No." They left the confused hound, and moved off in different directions.

Hordriss' finely-polished mind was thrashing this way and that, trying to free itself from his causality shield in a way that his body could not. He thought about Sidriss, her eyes, her walk; it was too late now to tell her who her real father was. The mage's mind was alighting on a momentous question so often asked by others within the now-fallen walls of the Dungeon - 'Where am I?' - when he felt a rhythmic tapping against the causality shield...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Hordriss despelled his causality shield, the lurches had stopped now and too much longer in there would scramble his delicate mind. The tapping had been coming from some water, the cracked pool from where that irritating Jester took his yearly bath had been dripping its last few drops through his shield. He now knew where he was, in level two. To be very presise he could see two cat statues, one had fallen over and was heavily chipped and the other was missing a head. Neither of them were firing their projectiles anymore and the floor tile was firmly in place. Hordriss walked across the room when all of a sudden he heard a coughing and spluttering from under the rubble.
 Emerging from under the rubble was, Hordriss sighed, Elita. Of all the rotten luck then this was one of the worst things to happen to him today.
  "Well thanks for NOT helping, face-ache. You think you are so good with your magic but your a scumpot all the same"
Hordriss was seething and on the verge of casting a spell to trap her voice when she said something useful for the first time since Hordiss had met her. "I suppose you would like me to call Smirky for you?"
 Hordriss gasped, the great wyrm has survived and this would make transport much easier. He grinned for the first time in the day and said, "One would be most pleased"
Last edited by Lord_Bob on 07 Dec 2003, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

(is anyone else going to add to this topic? I would put more but I dont want to take over the story)  ;D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

(It looks like you have some ideas still to use. As far as I'm concerned, you can 'take over' the story for a bit, and I'll contribute again later if I can - as will others, I'm sure.  :))
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Elita gave a shrill wisstle and called out "Smirky, Smerkinoff."Nothing happend.She called again "Smirky, Smerkinoff."

Still no dragon, Hordriss was starting to get impaciant. "Are you quite sure the Great Green Wyrm has survived Miss Elita."

"YES I AM FACE-ACHE." snapped Elita.

Hordriss was fumeing but controlled his anger and mearly said in a very dangerous tone.
"Miss Elita One wouldn't think that you would needed reminding That one has the power to silence that vile mouthe of yours..PERMENTLY. If You Catch One's Driffit."

Elita did catch Hordriss's drift and she had no intension of losseing her voice againe. She called out agine in a more desperet tone now begining to dout her own certinty that Smerkinoff had survived.

"Smirky, Smerkinoff. COME ON SMIRKY FLYING TIME. OH SMIRKY WERE ARE YOU."

Elita was on the verge of tears mabey Smerkinoff hadn't survived. Her one freind in the dungeon might be gone forever.Sudernly there was the sound of beating wings and the great wyme flew over there heads and landed.

"SMIRKY" Elita half shouted half scremed.

"Do You Mind Not Makeing that silly Noise Elita."Smerkinoff sighed

Elita had regained her self "WHAT KEPT YOU." "It's quite a task navigating through a dungeon that has progressed back to a era when I was not pressent. I only found you two on my third cricle of this area."

"I assume that The Might Hordriss The Confusser is looking for some transportation."

"One Is indeed looking for some transportation." Hordriss said.

"Well I'm Afriad I can't help you. Like I said it is nearly imposssibale for me to navigate the dungeon now with out some olne who has nollage of the dungon's third era." "Ha" Laugh Hordriss "One first enterd this dungeon during that phase so I have expert knowlage of its lay out."

"Corr Your Older Then I Thought" Elita chuckaled but a stern glanss from Hordriss shut her up. "Well Great Wyme do we have a deal."

"Well Ok sighed Smerkinoff BUT you had better give me good directions Hordriss or we've both had it.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

"Well Smerkinoff, I have had to remember immeasurable number of spells and unlike another famous wizard my memory is firmly in order!" Hordriss said before Smerkinoff took off. They flew around the rubble, Smirky was correct and the dungeon was clearly shifted into the third phase. However, no longer did dungeoneers wander and no longer did goblins and the mighty Mogdred await them. The dungeon was in ruins, one room was now a combination of two and puzzles and ledges cracked and broken. The stained glass had shattered. Hordriss continued to direct Smirky to his destination, the old sewers which in the older phases were to become Goth.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

"Hmmm This place dosen't improve with age dose it?"
Smerkinoff said survaing the futer sewers of Goth.

"No It Certanily dosen't" replied Hordriss "In Fact it gets worse."

Hordriss looked around him normaly the great Hordriss The Confusser wouldn't lower him self to treading in these parts of the dungeon but this was no ordinary time.

"Hmm Normaly One wouldn't Lower One's self to enter and treverse such a foul and unsuitable place for One of such worth as this. BUT this is an emergency."

"At Least The Miremen have fleed" Smerkinoff comented "Well One should be greatfull for small mercys." Hordriss replied. "You best depart Smerkinoff, fly around the dungeon and see if anyone or anything else has survived."

"Ok" and with a beating of wings and a rush of air Smerkinoff was airborne and in a few seconds out of sight.

"Now to buissnes" Hordriss said to himself. Survaing the scene he noticed that a boat was still moored to the jetty.

"Most fortunet." grinned Hordriss and climed in.

"SPELL CASTING" becan the powerfull Mage.

"R...O...W...E"

and with that the ores of the boat came to life and started rowing the mage across the slimy waters that were once home to Lord Fears aquatic henchmen the Miremen.

Onwards and onwards untill the boat arrived at the end of the sewere system.

Hordriss climed out with as much grase as he could manage. "That mode of transport is unbefiting one such as One's self" he grumbaled as he moved towards the exit in frount of him.

Befor he could reach it however a deep emontionless voice called out.

"Stay Human escape is not possible. I hunger for knowing things, feed my hunger or I feed on YOU."  

Hordriss spun round.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

(Anyone else want to take the raines for a while. I have other Idears but like Lord Bob I don't want to take over the story. So anyone else going to pick up the gauntlat.

THE ONLY WAY IN THIS STORY IS ONWARDS.)