Tim Child Interview

Discussions of the classic british sci-fi show.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Tim Child Interview

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hmm, I rather liked the interview. (I'm a slight Dr. Who fan, but I'm not even entering into that debate if noone minds.)

I was interested to read that the plans for Series 9 in 1995 weren't far advanced. In a weird way, I'm a little glad that series didn't happen, especially if they intended to "go VR", since I'm not sure how well it would have turned out.

I was slightly amused to read us being put forward as the reason work is ongoing on the new version. Something tells me there's a little more to it than that, but good on Tim for his question evading skills via flattery. ;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes, he'd make an outstanding politician.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I thought the interview was excellent - thank you, Kieran. It gives much food for thought for any Knightmare fan.

As for Doctor Who... my sister has a Doctor Who novel co-dedicated to her, but I've never seen an episode myself, I'm afraid. All I can contribute is this  :-[:
http://custurd.b3ta.com/hawking/
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I'll give the interview a proper read later today, still it's nice to hear Tim commenting on KM!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Ber-limey, Drassil, was that cartoon made by Terry Gilliam?

And why am I suddenly reminded of a cat saying, "I can smell your brain..."?

Just a shame about the lazy use of the archaic "Is-it-near-Uranus?-I-love-it-when-you-talk-dirty!" gag.
Last edited by HStorm on 05 Mar 2004, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I thought the interview was excellent - thank you, Kieran. It gives much food for thought for any Knightmare fan.

As for Doctor Who... my sister has a Doctor Who novel co-dedicated to her, but I've never seen an episode myself, I'm afraid. All I can contribute is this  :-[:http://custurd.b3ta.com/hawking/

Very kind of you Drassil.  You told me about the book a few months ago, very impressive :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Impressive for the author as well: he wrote it and had it published whilst he was a student.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Well I'd hate to sound repetitive but....That's impressive! :)

I'll open a window to the world of Who in April sir.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
TheMightyMartin
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Tim Child Interview

Post by TheMightyMartin »

I've never been what you'd call a fan of Dr. Who myself, but what I've seen of the new episodes I've quite enjoyed. Not something I'd make sure I was in to watch every week though. Not like KM... :)

Anyway. TC, if you're out there and you've got the time and patience, I'd like to know if your view on Dr. Who (and British Sci-Fi in general) has changed at all since seeing the new format of the show.
"I love a girl with spirit. It's great fun breaking it!"