The Worst 10 stories.......Evah.

Discussions of the classic british sci-fi show.
BBrooks
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The Worst 10 stories.......Evah.

Post by BBrooks »

Having just posted my Top 10 DW Stories list, I thought I'd start a discussion on what you think are the worst stories in the show's history.
Mine are,

1. Partner's in Crime (Too ridiculous for words, they were entering sitcom territory with that one).
2. New Earth (The whole thing about Cassandra hopping from body to body was too silly)
3. Dragonfire
4. Time and the Rani (would have been a whole lot better if it had been a Sixth Doctor story, with him Regenerating at the end)
5. The Leisure Hive (A poor start to John Nathan Turner's reign)
6. The Runaway Bride
7. Voyage of the Damned (The only good thing about it is seeing Kylie Minogue in a French Maids outfit). :D
8. Timelash (It has nothing to do with Colin Baker. It's the Poor Production and the low quality plot that makes it suffer)
9. Dimensions in Time (Jon, Tom, Peter, Colin and Sylvester are all on screen + a host of old companions going right back to the Hartnell era, this should be a classic but the Terrible story and Poor Script lets it down miserably, and it makes a complete mockery of it's lead stars).
10. Gridlock
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The Worst 10 stories.......Evah.

Post by Kieran »

Um let me think...Probably a bit like this...

1. Underworld
2. Time And The Rani
3. Fear Her
4. Twin Dilemma
5. Horns Of Nimon (even with Clifford Norgate's voiceovers)
6. Time-Flight
7. Silver Nemesis
8. The Dominators
9. The Space Museum
10. Timelash

Shame that there's 2 Sixth Doctor stories in there but...Dilemma was just ill-judged, and Timelash exceptionally weak on plot, and a terrible guest cast.

Underworld's first episode is OK, then it's just a CSO mess. Tom Baker looks to be on autopilot in both this and Nimon, too.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

1. Worst of all... Probably The Sound Of Drums/Last Of The Time Lords. (If you want me to explain why I loathe this story so much, read this review I wrote a couple of years back... http://thegreatcritique.wordpress.com/2 ... -t-davies/)
2. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End. (I didn't bother reviewing this one, because I realised I might just as well tell everyone to read my review of LOTL, because it was guilty of all the same dismal crimes.)
3. Love And Monsters. (Yeah, I know some people love it, but its mix of smugness, ancient jokes ripped off from Scooby Doo and plotless meandering got so far up my nostrils it almost went through the back of my head.)
4. Timelash. (Might have helped if they bothered including the resolution in the story at some point. And if Paul Darrow hadn't spent the first hour of the story taking the shameless p*ss out of it.)
5. Voyage Of The Damned.
6. Paradise Towers.
7. The Horns Of Nimon. (Not actually that bad a story, but the performances of the guest cast was so hideously over the top that I find it unwatchable.)
8. The Krotons. (Tedious in the extreme, and solid proof, if it were needed, that Robert Holmes had his share of bad days with the pen.)
9. The Trial Of A Timelord part 2. (Brian Blessed's finest achievement; out-hamming Colin Baker.)
10. Day Of The Daleks. (Cheap, overlong, unimaginative, and with Aubrey Woods camping it up more than a field of tents.)
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

For me its

1. Underworld
2. Time & The Rani
3. The TV Movie (nothing to do With McGann but everything to do with some story elements ad Eric Robert's god awrfull Master)
4. Planet of Giants (I don't know why but to me it feels like the whole reguler cast is on autopilot in this one
5. Time-Flight (This shouldn't be here it's a dam good script but due to budget resson it end up looking crap!!)
6. The Underwater Menace (its Pains me to put a Troughton story here but the scripting of this is god arwfull and Professor Zaroff is WAY to over the top)
7. Colony in Space (A 4 or 5 parter streched to make a 6 parter)
8. Twin Dilemma (Poor Colin got such a bad hand right from the get go)
9. Revenge of the Cybermen (This story nearly killed the Cybermen as crediable threats)
10. Warriors of the Deep (The script needed tightning, the Sea Devils are NOT Samurais, The Silurian costumes are god awrfull....and that Bloody Myrka. Im short....a Mess!)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Last night's tepidness-fest reminded me that the episode The Unicorn & The Wasp should be on this list, and high up too. Can't believe I didn't remember it. Day Of The Daleks is thus redeemed and is taken off my list, while TUATW is slotted in as the new number 3, with Love & Monsters and all below moving down a place.

My review of TUATW can be found about halfway down this page...

http://juliasplace.proboards.com/index. ... 37&page=17